Revit 2022 - Dynamo 2.10 - Package not showing up and icons missing

Anyone else having similar issues with 2.10?

the icons are missing, and there are packages (specifically in my case Archi-Lab) that wont even load.

1 Like

I am, but I haven’t had a chance yet to try and work out what’s going on. Again it’s only Archi-Lab that isn’t loading.

Are you using the latest version of Archi-Lab? FYI @Konrad_K_Sobon

I am using the latest version of Archi-lab from the package manager. i also tried with older version.

I actually have been emailing with Konrad and wondering if it was a more systemic issue than just Archi-lab. He said he has not updated it for 2022, and didn’t know if there were any issues with this version. He said he has plans to update it at some point.

That’s why I wanted to make this post to see if it was just me and something i needed to sort out or if it was a more systemic issue that perhaps was related to things like the icons missing.

archilab appears to do something with loading the Revit nodes appropriate for your version on the fly and 2022 is pretty darn new.

1 Like

I just pointed Dynamo toward the packages I’m using for Revit2020. Archi-Lab 2020.23.13

For Revit 2022 download 2022.210.1022 That number basically breaks down to:

• 2022 - doesn’t mean anything
  • 210 - Dynamo 2.10
  • 10 - current build
  • 22 - version of Revit that it was issued for

So the same build but 2022.210.1021 would be for Revit 2021. Just FYI. I had to stick those last two digits for Revit version number at the end since every release has to have a higher number per package manager rules.

@john_pierson that code no longer is part of the published version of archi-lab. It was there only for testing.

8 Likes

sweet. Just updated my branch! :raised_hands:

I’m having the same issue with build 2022.210.2218. Do I need to find an earlier build?

Hello, I’m still experiencing this issue, with multiple users. I have attempted to uninstall (which fails), then manually remove. After restarting Revit I have attempted to install the package via the Package Manager. But without any success, and on the latest 2 versions as of today.

Thanks in advance!

@tom.flaherty please read my explanation above. I think I stated pretty clearly, that for Revit 2022 you want to install package that has a version ending in 22. 2218 doesn’t end in 22. It ends in 18. Please fix that and report if this is still an issue.

2 Likes

yes, I figured out how to install an older build and was able to install 2022.210.2122 from 18 Jun 2021. I just assumed since the 210.2218 was a newer build the issue was fixed, but now that I figured out how to expand the package information in the Dynamo packages window I see your comments about the build numbering and I get the logic you’re using. Thanks

1 Like

That was actually pretty clear, but not at first. I know this isn’t really your issue, but is there a way Dynamo\Autodesk and Package creators define the version that a branch can be installed on??

They don’t. They could have also allowed for a better way to describe these versions but they also don’t do that. Either way, at the moment we are stuck with what we have.

After trying 2218 to 2419, none of them could be loaded after installation.

Hello,
I just installed the package in Revit 2022. and Dynamo 2.12.0.5740.
The package does not show up.

Hadi

I am assuming that you are not seeing Archi-lab.

Which version did you attempt to install?

You need to select a version which ends with the Revit year that you are using - so in Revit 2022 you need a version which ends with 22, and for 21 you’d need a version ending with 21, etc… At the moment the latest version of Archi-lab for Revit 2022 is 2022.212.2922.

If you attempt to load an different version you may have to uninstall that first.

1 Like

Thank you Jacob!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for answerring.

What I did right now, is to make my own nodes with python code which i got from the archilab site.
I am using specific nodes which appear to not work with Dynamo 2.0.3 which is version we currently use in our organization.

The “fix” is simple, does the trick.

The code for the “Clear List” node is the following:

import clr
clr.AddReference(‘ProtoGeometry’)
from Autodesk.DesignScript.Geometry import *
#The inputs to this node will be stored as a list in the IN variable.
dataEnteringNode = IN

def ClearList(_list):
out =
for _list1 in _list:
if _list1 is None:
continue
if isinstance(_list1, list):
_list1 = ClearList(_list1)
if not _list1:
continue
out.append(_list1)
return out

#Assign your output to the OUT variable
OUT = ClearList(IN[0])

Code:
#Copyright(c) 2015, Konrad K Sobon

@arch_laboratory, http://archi-lab.net

Hope this helped anyone else having the same issue.
I read a lot of these at the moment, maybe because i was searching for it tho :slight_smile:

Thanks all.

Hey, just wondering when Archi-lab will be updated for Revit 2024.