Graph always shows collapsed nodes

Every time I open any graph containing an archi-lab node (e.g. Categories.GetAll), the nodes are shown as overlapping on top of each other.

Rearranging the node layout does not preserve the layout. Upon saving and reopening the graph, the nodes return to the previous collapsed state. The graph also cannot be run. Upon clicking “Run”, the message “Run completed” instantly appears.

I have tried removing all packages and adding them back one-by-one, reinstalling Revit, and using other people’s computers to open my graph. But the bug still persists on my computer. I discovered a few things:

• Only graphs containing archilab nodes are affected
  • Others can see the proper layout of the graph on their computers (no overlapping nodes collapsed on top of each other)

Is there any way to fix this? I need to use the archilab Categories.GetAll node to help me with my element parameter checking.

The archilab version I am using is 2023.213.1722, and the Revit version is 2022.1.5.

I dont know about this error, maybe wrong archilab version for your dynamo version but mepover package also has a all categories in document node i think. Maybe that could work for you?

This is a sign of a DLL conflict, usually the result of a Revit add-in or package.

1. Close Revit and restart your CPU.
  2. Disable all Revit add-ins
  3. Rename the DynamoSetttings.xml and packages directory found in %appdata%/dynamo/Dynamo Revit/2.xx/ where xx is the Dynamo build you’re currently using (ie: udpated Revit 2022 would be 2.16). This will prevent any customizations to your package paths and any pre-loaded packages to not load.
  4. Launch Revit, and start a blank project from no template (select none in the drop down), and set the units to imperial
  5. Launch Dynamo and open your graph.

If the issue persists check your Revit journal for add-ins which weren’t disabled (search for vendor; only Autodesk, adsk, or some variation thereof should be present). If nothing was missed post the .dyn, your dynamo log file, and your Revit journal.

If the issue doesn’t persist restart again, undo the renaming of the settings and package path (you’ll have to delete the new versions), and repeat steps 3 and 4. If the issue still doesn’t re-occur we can confirm it’s an add-in. If the issue does re-occur you can start checking your installed packages in small groups until you identify the issue.

If it’s narrowed down to an add-in, confirm you’re using the latest version of all add-ins. Then restart Revit and disable in small groups until the issue no longer persists.