Archi-Lab and Dynamo 2.0.1

archi-lab

Hi all, Hi @Konrad_K_Sobon,
as mentionned in another post I tried hard to get Archi-Lab going with 2018.3 revit and dynamo 2.0.1.
I tried to re-install everything, flushed the temp, all dynamo related data, no chance.

as soon as i remove it from the package folder, I get no crash.

in the log file i get these lines just before it does crash

2018-06-27 06:20:13Z : System.InvalidOperationException:
2018-06-27 06:20:13Z : There already exists an AlsoKnownAs mapping for Fill Pattern Targets.

Revit crashes when loading a script with archi-lab and Clockwork nodes
Revit crashing when adding Package Path in Dynamo 2.0.1
Revit crashes when opening specific script

hmmm,
I did try again, and again this morning;
the logs told me it succesfully uninstalled after restarting after the last crash. So I guess, it was flagged for uninstallation (for a long time) and did not manage to uninstall it before.

I then got it from the package manager and all was well, for the time being

I hope that helps others at least

Yes, so even when you uninstall Dynamo, it’s not going to remove any of the packages. After a fresh install the packages that were previously downloaded and now live in %appdata% location will basically get loaded in again. You have to either remove the packages manually, or use the Package Manager to schedule their removal and close/open Revit.

So Archi-lab.net should work just fine with Dynamo 2.0. There is a version of the package that was updated to Dynamo 2.0. I think it’s 2018.2.1 or something like that. It’s probably not the latest one.

it’s not going to remove any of the packages.

I knew about it but I did not know the uninstalling process of packages was that buggy. I uninstalled from the package manager. It flagged but did not process up to a certain point when it decided to finally uninstall it (even though I already removed the files from %appdata%/Dynamo/Packages). Only after the flag was out of the way, I could install Archi-Lab without crashing.

Thanks for the Archi-Lab packages @Konrad_K_Sobon and for the reply

This seems like a bug with the flag for removal functionality of packages - can you please post steps to repro it if possible on github.

Also that version of archi-lab was not compatible with Dynamo 2.0. Please install the latest 2019.2.6.

I’m also having an issue with Revit 2018.3 crashing every time I try to install archi-lab 2019.2.6. I opened Dynamo Revit\2.0 and the package folder and removed the archi-lab.net folder and reinstalled 2019.2.6, but Revit crashed again. Is there something else I need to remove to ensure a clean reinstall of the package?

Maybe this will make sense to someone else, but I tried opening a blank Revit file and then loading archi-lab.net and it worked!

(and I join Jean-Marc in thanking Konrad for making this invaluable package available to all for our use!)

After thinking it was fixed, I closed and reopened Revit to find the archi-lab.net was not showing. What would cause a package to install and work and then not register as being loaded? Is it conflicting with another package?