Adding Underlay Hatching to MTEXT by Extracting and Offsetting Geometry

This is very similar to what I’m trying to do: Creating a 3D Letter, Curves are not closed, where is my error?

I’m realizing that the reason the code in the above forum post works, but this graph fails when trying to use the “PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves” node, is because the curves are not grouped by letter. I need to find a way to group the curves per letter. I’m guessing finding shared start and end points may assist in this.

It seems that archi-lab has a node for this exact issue called “group_curves” that @GavinCrump references in the following post: PolyCurve.ByjoinedCurves warning: Curve join produced more than one WIRE in PolyCurve - #2 by Kulkul and is also mentioned here: Find Sets of closed curves However, I don’t believe I can access archi-lab in dynamo for civil 3d.

@Konrad_K_Sobon Is it possible to access your archi-lab package in dynamo for civil 3d? If not, could you possibly provide the code in the “group_curves” node you made so I can try to see how you accomplished this?

I’m thinking of making a new post under “geometry” as it seems a more fitting description for the current issue and reporting back here if I find anything.