Hide elements in view

archi-lab

#1

Hey Dynamo experts. I need some help with a dynamo script I am working on. I am trying to create a script that will hide groups on a drafting view/sheet. My intention is to filter groups on a drafting view by the key word “Pm notes” within the group type name. I seem to have the filtering for the groups and the drafting views coordinated however I am getting an error within the archi-lab view.hide elements node. Can you guys help. One post mentioned something about feeding it a list of names so I tried feeding it elementId’s and that didn’t work. This latest iteration is intended to combine element Id with type name prior to filtering but no luck. I also just tried feeding it 1 element Id via the element select node and one view also. It always gives me this same error.

The original thread I followed for this is here:


#2

Hi, Looks like you need to filter the original list of Group Elements by your "contains’ values. Then feed the filtered list Elements as this is what the node is expecting.


#3

Thank you for helping me Ewan. I gave this a try and I am still running into an issue perhaps I am doing it wrong. I filtered the list by the string contains, which if I understand correctly is bool masking the elements to true or false values. That part seems to be working but I have a similar error. Bool object has no “Ishidden” attribute.


#4

Something similar to this :grinning:


Also, make sure you are feeding actual Views into the Hide node as well.
Easy to check, if it has a green ID then the item is a direct reference to a Revit element.


#5

Awesome thank you! I will try this approach. I suspected the direct reference was apart of what I needed prior to you telling me that. I was trying to add it back into my list thats what all the “+” values are about early on. This answers alot of questions for me and simplifies things.


#6

Ewan helped me sort this via PM. I just want to report back for future searches. A few things happened. Initially I I was attempting to feed the node a list of names. Then I tried to combine the element ID in. With a little back in forth I found I needed to have it plug in actual elements (Green element ID) as well as set up a boolean filter to remove/add whats necessary. As it turns out I also had an issue with my clockwork versioning. In addition to that I was attempting to hide by group type instead of the group instance within the views. Once that all was sorted my script runs as intended.