Extract photos from Sharepoint folder

Hi guys,

I’m trying to figure out a way to extract .jpg files straight from a Sharepoint folder. This is then used in Civil 3D like in the link below.

I’m guessing because this is a company Sharepoint it might be tricky to get access through Dyanmo?

I’ve exported this Sharepoint folder into an Excel spreadsheet that has the hyperlinks. I think because my company runs 32 bit Excel the Data.ImportExcel wont work (I’d also love to figure out a solution to this problem), so I’ve converted it into a .CSV file and created a list of URLs that way through Dynamo.

I’m very new to this so I hope this isn’t a silly question!
Thanks!

Hi @Visska,

I don’t think it’s a silly question, I just don’t think there is a great solution out there yet (that I’ve seen at least). If you hunt around the forum there are similar questions that have been asked, and the solutions seem to be either (a) try the Web Request node, (b) try the DynaWeb package, or (c) sync the data from SharePoint to a local location (perhaps via OneDirve) so that it can be handled normally.

And regarding this…

The solution I’ve seen is to try a repair on the Office install or reinstall entirely. I had the same problem and reinstalling was the only fix.

1 Like

I’m pretty sure there’s a way to access SharePoint since it has some API but you’d need to code that into a python script which I haven’t spent time learning yet.

1 Like