Dynamo Core 2.13 - Release (Parts 1, 2 and 3)

Hello @lazarica.tesu,

Sorry to hear that you do not like the new Library layout :frowning: We’ll be looking to iterate on this and improve on the Library, especially with regards to the underlying tech stack that portrays font sizes :pray:

2 Likes

@solamour

Yea, I’m sure the drag and drop will just take getting used to. I’m not surprised its been a big ask. It makes sense.

I really think adding an option when right-clicking a connector to add a pin would provide a simple and consistent solution to the wonky hover mechanic. The hovering seems like a good idea in theory, but like you said, where’s the line between too sensitive and not sensitive enough? I’m also not saying to get rid of it, just add that extra option to access pins.

Again, thanks for the update. I’m just now adding Dynamo to my firm’s tool box and these updates will make it much easier for my less tech-savvy colleagues to use it.

3 Likes

Additionally to my previous comments:
For me it is hard to find the + icon on the wire to pin it. You need to zoom into it a lot. And sometimes it pops up on multiple places on a wire ? Can it pop up everywhere on a wire or just somewhere in the middle between nodes and pins?
The dots in the sublists are rendered off axis and also the @L3 @L2 and @L1 are not on the correct spot:

The resize button of the watch node is hard to pick. You need to zoom in a lot to be able to pick it:

Scroll bars are still too small:

1 Like

Thanks @Thomas3!

I’ve logged the off axis rendering as a bug, and we’re looking into if we can set a minimum size for the scrollbar :slight_smile:

As far as the handle to resize the watch node goes, as a test when the text is legible on my side I can still pick and resize… is it too fickle for you at a partially zoomed out state?

1 Like

sry, mic was muted (my bad), but I think u can see it. I have 3 monitors, 2 of them have 2560x1440 and one of them have 1920x1080. Maybe that makes a difference to your experience?

1 Like

I think the team has tested the library design with 4k monitors only :slight_smile:

But with old monitor resolutions the Dynamo library will look like that:

In my opinion way too much space between the items, as shown before with the mockups

1 Like

Exactly! Definitely needs more fine tuning. :+1:

That is good to hear! :partying_face:

Hey! Good work team! Still digesting 2.13 and IronPython deprecation hahaha.
We realised that packages that were developed and run well in IronPython2 when downloading and opening in Dynamo 2.13 are automatically assigned to CPython and some nodes, because of this change in engine, do not run despite the right version of DynamoIronPython is installed. However, we could not find engine information in package files about which python engine should those packages use. We think it is quite critical that those packages pick IronPython version if it is installed to run well or many packages will be useless (if not updated). Any upcoming update in this regard?

my 2 cents.

Figure out how to make it work with your tool, open-source that bit, and help the entire community.

Dynamo is obviously able to indicate which python version a package uses as Dynamo itself notifies you when nodes are on the old version. Its going to take some digging through the source code, but I believe it is doable. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

As for “hidden wire”, I have a feature request, the feature is very useful that we use a lot in Grasshopper.

• [ 7 ] A hidden wire will be ghosted when you select either of the nodes it is connected into, indicating that it is hidden. There are currently no other visual indications on the node to showcase that a wire is hidden from it, so it’s a little sneaky and we want to add a visual cue to this… watch this space for a future release!
  1. Hide multiple wires in batch by selecting window.
  2. re-convert “hidden wire” to normal wires in batch by selecting window.
3 Likes

Been trying out the new Dynamo Player; there are several things I really like! Graph Icons, desciptions, links and authors are pretty cool. Input descriptions from pinned note boxes make way more sense to other users too. Before I would put all the input descriptions in a big string node and set it as the first input. Now all those can finally go to more logical place where they belong. The alphabetical sorting of inputs is a little different, but I’m getting used to numbering things now. I also like how the run button is at the bottom. Now people will actually read the inputs before pressing play!

There’s only one more thing I think I really want. Are there any plans to make a custom dropdown node that works as an input in the player?

This would be incredibly useful for most users and has been requested for quite a while. If this is not yet in development, I have some ideas for it that I think could work.

The first preference would be a node that can read a selected text file as a dropdown list. The top of the node would select the file (like the file path node) and underneath, it would have the selector. It would be similar to look of the Select by Category node. This would be great becuase it would also be possible to use a single run of the graph to edit the contents of the text file if you wanted to.

The next preference (if the first didn’t work) would be to adjust the File Path node. Once the right path is selected, the input would have a dropdown selector for the files in the folder. This would lead people to populate folders with empty text files, but at least it would be an option.

Either of these ideas seems like it could work because dynamo would not have to process any information inside the graph in order to produce the input.

3 Likes

Not sure if any developers read this, but there might be an issue with changing the wall location line. The same script works fine in Revit 2022 with Dynamo 2.12, but not in Revit 2023 with 2.13.

Thanks for all the new features and cool new looks btw!

2 Likes

@Xiaofei_Ying this is a great suggestion! I will log this feature request :slight_smile:

:grimacing: this is very similar to this one Can't Set Worksets with Dynamo for Revit 2023 - #3 by john_pierson

@solamour starting to see a pattern here…

@pieter.lamoen Is it possible for you to show me the graph working in a previous version? :slight_smile: I’m investigating why this may be right now.

Also, is this the correct context here?

Where you were using an integer to define the Location Line, which refers to the “Core Centerline”, “Core Face: Interior” etc.?

Yes that is the correct context, and indeed simply trying to change the “Location Line” parameter to a different value by using an integer.
Works fine in 2.12:

Also if I may ask, what is the use of the wall location line, if it outputs a string?

1 Like

Thank you @pieter.lamoen - We are looking into this now, and our sincerest apologies this currently doesn’t work. Do you need a workaround in the short-term?

1 Like

Thanks for looking into it! If you have a workaround, I’d love to know, else I’ll just use 2.12 for this script

1 Like

Is it somewhere possible to change the link color in a Code Block?

It is very hard to read.

1 Like