Dynamo Core 2.13 - Release (Parts 1, 2 and 3)

I’m not sure if this is a bug but dismiss and reshow warnings can multiply the warnings.

This happens when the message is dismissed and the code is reused. I think in the background it creates new warnings. Showing them all and dismiss again results in a list of multiple equal warnings.

1 Like

Hi @Anton_Huizinga - this is indeed a task in our backlog already :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Anton_Huizinga this bug should have been fixed in Dynamo 2.14!

1 Like

Hmmmm…
I keep getting the message “Run completed with warnings.” in one of my updated graphs. Yet none of the nodes displays a :warning: or an orange bar.
I tried deleting nearly entire graph, yet the warning persists. I think its related to python migration. It shows up as a warning in my notifications. Wants me to update nodes using IronPython to CPython 3.7. This took me a while to figure out, assuming that is the issue.

I understand that Python 3 comes with better performance, but until several package managers update thier nodes, is there any way to make this warning go away? If IronPython can be added as a package, then why is it listed as a warning?

Hello @daniel1 - We unfortunately had a regression in 2.13 that stopped a certain category of warnings from bubbling up (They do in some situations, don’t in others) :frowning: These are mostly related to migration warnings and code block nodes. They have been fixed for Dynamo 2.14.

If you are willing to share the graph and context, we can take a look to see what error may be bubbling up.

Thanks @solamour, it looks like I’m actually getting two notifications:

Unfortunately, there is also a lot of context for this graph. It accesses a revit template and several families if they are not already loaded.
A link for the workspace png is below:

Several wires not coming out of the collapsed node groups properly, but the graph still seems to function just fine.
My guess is that the warning may be coming from the Rhythm Package.

I have the latest version installed, but I haven’t taken the time to replace all of the rhythm nodes. I have suspected that this was necessary, but wasn’t sure unless those nodes were popping up with warnings themselves. That hasn’t happened here.

I think this is still not working in Dynamo Core 2.13.1.3887 and Dynamo Revit 2.13.1.3891
You were talking about a workaround. What would it be?
I’m a complete noob. Not to sure how the forum works.
When I said it’s still not working I was refering to pieter.lamoen post about using Element.SetParameterByName to set a wall location line.
I still got the specTypeId warning.
When using Revit 2021 and dynamo core 2.6.2.15705 it is working fine.

Have you installed the Revit 2023.1.1 release?

2 Likes

I thought I did. Turn out I didn’t. Problem solved.
Thank you very much

2 Likes

I second that. Since installing the most recent hotfix for Revit 2023, I haven’t run into any of the previous issues that were shown earlier in this post. Big Thanks to everyone working on the most recent installment of Dynamo!

2 Likes