Where we can find Experts ind Civil3D and Dynamo?

Hi,

We are looking for Experts in Civil3D and Dynamo who could support us in the energy transition in Switzerland. Exmaple here: BIM Modeler Senior in Civil 3D (f/m/d) - Axpo Group.

Despite offering very attractive conditions, we haven’t been able to find anyone after several months. We are curious about where the experts might be hiding. :blush:

We look forward to your assistance and any information on where we can continue or place our search the best.

Thank you.

Welcome to the community @tahir.mavricR8XEG !

A few things to keep in mind:

• Dynamo for Civil 3D experts are pretty active here, and other parts of the web, but wont’ likely see your website. Advertizing in the right location will go a long way - we have a “Jobs” category just for this (let me know if you want me to shift your category accordingly :slight_smile: ).
  • Many of us are also pretty happy where we are and as a result aren’t actively searching, so you may need a more direct engagement attempt to get us to consider a move (how I joined Autodesk believe it or not).
  • The location, even listed as ‘hybrid’ will restrict your pool of users pretty quickly. Using your link as an example, Bayden has something like 17k people so there aren’t likely many experts in the area to begin with, couple that with the other points and you might be fighting an uphill battle. In my experience fully remote is basically the starting point to get the best talent in the tech sector (which is your competition).
  • The use case of “Energy Transition” is also a specialization; focusing on that further limits the people who’d fit well. I know LOTS of people who know Dynamo for Civil in a transportation context, but not as many for Energy Transition (not entirely sure I define that the same way you do either).
  • For many ‘new’ tools and particular roles in an organization, it is often easier to ‘train up’ someone on staff rather than look for the perfect fit outside the organization. Investing in existing talent might take longer to get full benefits, but there are TONS of ways to facilitate that (i.e.: provide 8 hours/week for people to explore; pay for off site training; bring in a trainer; etc.) so you can start now and you’ll get more value in the end as the ‘upskilled’ person will be productive in the meantime and will already know what the business really needs.
3 Likes

Hola amigo @tahir.mavricR8XEG buenas. most of us participate in the forum will be glad to help you with your questions, do not forget to make your baby steps in dynamo prime the Feedback threads of the packages and other posts related to Autocad and C3D, I leave you the interesting links.

Dear Jacob

Thank you for your Information. we will appriciate if you can publish our message also in category Jobs.
Thank you

Done!

Completely agreed with @jacob.small as the words like “Hybrid” and “specialization in Energy transition” is introduced in the description, vast majority will have their interest gone in the post.

@tahir.mavricR8XEG Dynamo is all about clarity of concepts and understanding of goals, in case someone who didn’t work specifically in “Energy Transition” will be able to pick up the pace just by lil guidance for the end goal.

Happy hunting,
regards,
BM.

Important to understand dynamo for civil is newer than revit and expertise is more thinly spread. Probably still more lisp experts out there.

Second jacob’s advice that upskill or hire+upskill may be more beneficial/likely to work.

If you are multidiscipline maybe extend the discipline reach and they could be guided into civil also, e.g. structural engineer with dynamo experience.

1 Like