Camber Feedback Thread

Camber is a package that expands the capabilities of Dynamo within Civil 3D. This thread is meant to be a centralized location for tracking bugs/comments/questions related to the nodes within Camber. For the initial release post, see here:

Please also check out the GitHub repository for issues, feature requests, detailed release notes, and a roadmap of future work. Feel free to post on this thread or create issues directly in the repo.

DISCLAIMER
I am not a formally-trained software developer, and this is the first package that I’ve created. So I kindly ask for your patience and gladly welcome any feedback from those with more experience.

29 Likes

Fantastic username :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hmm…looks like we’re off to a good start :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well, an impressive list of nodes :+1:

I’ll test it on a later moment. Just a quick question. There is a dropdown node with all the Alignment styles. Is there also a node where I can apply the Alignment style to an Alignment?

Try CivilObjectExtensions.SetStyle.

1 Like

Hi @mzjensen,

Awesome work. You got my first thumbs up on this. I’ll check it out and provide some feedback as well. :smiley:

Cheers,
Jowenn

3 Likes

Hi @mzjensen,

Camber > Civil 3D > Datashortcuts > SetWorkingFolder and SetCurrentProjectFolder works fine, I just need to click refresh. Is this intentional? or can it be part of the routine to update the Datashortcut without the need to click refresh or associate to project?

RefreshNode

Cheers,
Jowenn

2 Likes

These are the kind of things that make me proud… I’ll make time to review the package!!!

10 Likes

Was waiting for it from long time …this is really inspiring.

3 Likes

Hi @mzjensen is there a way to get styles used in the document which are not assigned to any objects can be used to set styles, lets say from string as a input ?

1 Like

Good day!
Thank you for your work!
Please tell me how the nodes work MLeader ?
Mleader

Thank you
it’s a great job
Is it possible to make examples of Quantity Takeoff

very nice package, wil try and test it out.
thanks!

Great feedback, thanks. No it isn’t intentional. The API methods for data shortcuts are still pretty new (since 2022.1) so I haven’t been able to fully dig into it as much as I’d like. I decided to just put out a couple of the easier methods to implement and see how it goes. It’s on the roadmap to be able to create references to data shortcuts, and I’ll see what I can do to streamline the workflow for setting the folders.

3 Likes

Not currently, but that’s a great idea. Maybe a DocumentExtensions.GetUnusedStyles node or something?

Not exactly sure what you mean here, but here’s what I would do for the example you show above. There is a dropdown node for selecting Surface Styles under Civil 3D → Styles → Object Styles → SurfaceStyle. In general you can find selection dropdowns under the appropriate shelf for each style type.

4 Likes

Thanks thats helpful …to be honest i am still going through the top nodes in the package and missed the entire world you created in Styles Node section, apologies for that.

@durasovartyom @hosneyalaa yes, I will put together some quick examples when I have time.

2 Likes

Hello and thanks for sharing this!

I’m just starting to learn dynamo and I was trying to use the general segment label by object node and I’m getting the error in the pic below. Can anyone point out what I’m doing wrong? I can provide the dwg and dyn file I’m using if needed. Thanks in advance!

Warning: GeneralSegmentLabel.ByObject expects argument type(s) (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DynamoNodes.Object, double, Camber.Civil.Styles.Labels.General.GeneralLineLabelStyle, Camber.Civil.Styles.Labels.General.GeneralCurveLabelStyle), but was called with (Autodesk.AutoCAD.DynamoNodes.Object, int, string, string).

Hi @texas157,

The warning is saying that the inputs you’ve provided to the node aren’t aligned with what the node is expecting. Instead of using strings for the style names, they need to be actual Style objects. There are dropdown nodes available to get the styles that exist in your drawing. In the library, look for nodes called “General Line Label Styles” and “General Curve Label Styles”.

2 Likes