Dynamo for Civil 3D development

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

What are your priorities and ideas to develop new nodes to Dynamo?

I have some experience in usage of Dynamo together with Revit and compared to Civil 3D, Civil 3D and Dynamo looks rather poor in options and nodes.

2 Likes

In general expand the OOTB nodes trying not to introduce things that the product team will add anyway.
I’m working on Pipe Networks, Tunnels, Site development, GIS, etc. as well as pure AutoCAD oriented nodes.
What are your priorities?

7 Likes

I am trying to find aplication of Dynamo in hydrotechnical projects. So far it looks a bit like a tool to insert new objects in advanced way along the characteristic lines.

Cool, so please start a new thread so we can decouple any requests from the original post here.

Done and done. :slight_smile:

It would be great if you make it possible to work simultaneously with Civil 3D and Revit via Dynamo.

I want to create adaptive component or just simple parametric family (e.g. culvert with diameter as a parameter) in Revit and then use Dynamo to place this component along the corridor in Civil 3D. I it possible to do somehow already?

Place it in Revit and then move it to Civil via the civil connector. Info here: GitHub - Autodesk/civilconnection: CivilConnection enables the exchange of information between Civil 3D, Dynamo and Revit.

4 Likes

Hi Paolo, are you also going to look at supporting Object Data (GIS) in DWG?

Hi yes, that is on the Toolkit roadmap too.

3 Likes

Your current working list would add a lot of value to most Civil 3D workflows.

1 Like

Hi Paolo,

I saw your post about Dynamo Civil 3D and GIS (Map).

Awesome!
When can we expect these tools?

Regards, Edward

Mid November time frame after my class at AU Las Vegas.

6 Likes

Don’t be alarmed everyone. That wasn’t an earthquake. Just 100,000 community members marking their calendars in unison… :smiley:

6 Likes

whoahh :slight_smile:

:rofl:

Hi Paolo,

I’ve installed Civil3DToolkit 1.0.0 and it works great. Thanks! But with Dynamo Beta 2 for Civil 3D. Beta 2 will break Civil3DToolkit not to work anymore. So I have to choose which one to use (for the time being).

Yep, it’s only showing Pipe Networks in combination with Update 2 Beta and some build errors trying to load the package:

2019-11-25_13-35-12

Version 1.0.1 seems better :wink:

Hi I’ve released version 1.0.1 already that should solve the conflicts as Beta 2 introduced Layers and MText. The Layer and MText are called the same but they are different so the nodes of the Beta for Layer and MText won’t work on the nodes of the package. I’m waiting to see what the product team will do in these regards, either incorporate the nodes or use the Extensions as I used for other types.

2 Likes

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, keen to find out whats in the package. You promised quite some exiting stuff!