Problem with Create Annotation Tag (Multi-Category)

I’ve been trying to replace Windows’ Tags with Multi-Category ones with no success. I tried with the Block from Archilab (Image) as well with the one from GeniusLoci

If I use the node from GeniusLoci the error sais:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<string>", line 182, in <module>
AttributeError: 'Document' object has no attribute 'NewTag'

Can someone point me in the right direction?

@alban_de_chasteigner ?

Hi @M.Perez,

You’re probably working with Revit 2019 and you need to use the Create Independent Tag node.
The Create Annotation Tag (Multi-Category) node is for Revit 2017 and previous versions.

The Create Independent Tag node can also be use to tag linked elements.

You may have also forgotten a document node.
active%20view

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner, thanks for your help again! I had read that from 2019 Create Independent Tag was the right node, but had no success either:

Document.ActiveView seams to be working as expected (see last image, view properly identify).

I tried to do as you say but then Document.ActiveView doesn’t work :S

I am more than confused with this graph.

Can you add a sample file with the family tags and the family to tag (Windows ?) ?

If I try to use a normal Windows tag than it works, but not if a use the Multi-Category tag. In that case, just the first is replaced but with another Tag Family (a Windows’ tag)

<a class=“attachment”

<a class=“attachment”

It works perfectly on my computer.

If you’re using a german version of Revit, please see this post :

1 Like

That was it!! I hate this behavior in Dynamo :sob: I just run Revit in English, and it works… Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner for your dedication, I would have never find it out!!

You’re welcome.
I will try to change the code or at least put a warning on the node.

Well, here my Graph, it could be extended to preserve Leder Lines, Ends and Elbows; but it works for me as it is. Only works with Revit in English.

Tag2MultiTag.dyn (22.1 KB)

1 Like
Select All in Active View / Filter Elements in Active View