Create Independent Tag Issue

Hi,
Just wondering if anyone could help me with Create Independent Tag node from Genius Loci package. I have a script which tags different elements (pipes, plumbing fixtures) in different views based on their reference levels and this works fine in Revit 2018 with Create Annotation Tag from archilab package, but it doesn’t work in 2019 or 2020.
I understand that there are some API changes and I tried using Create Independent Tag from Genius Loci instead but still doesn’t work.

My elements are at different levels so I have several views in which I need to place tags and even if I change view @L1 as per the node’s instruction I still get a null result with this error in the Python script.

Python script error:

Thanks.

Hi @Bogdan,

Can you provide a sample Revit file so I can check what’s going on ?

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

I noticed that for those elements that only need a single Tag Type, I don’t need to cycle the list and it works, however the issue remains with those elements that need different tag types at different views.

Exactly, you don’t need to cycle the view or the boolean RunIt.
To change the type use the “Family and Type” parameter after creating the tag. It will be easier.

1 Like

Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner!! All works as it should now. :slight_smile: :smile:

Into the Tag Type I feed a single Family Type and I don’t cycle the boolean and then by changing “Family and Type” as suggested by you does the job.

Thanks a lot for your help.

1 Like