NEW RELEASE! 📣 Integrate Dynamo Scripts as Revit buttons

It’s a good option for people looking to quickly access some scripts from their toolbar, and want to keep their development within Dynamo. Other similar projects include Dyno and Relay, both of which come with limited support due to on hold/open source nature respectively (thankyou for correction on semantics John :slight_smile: ). I used Nonica for a while and it was a handy tool for sure.

I’ve since begun to use pyRevit, which like Nonica can store scripts in toolbar format but it isn’t really the focus of the add-in, so it doesn’t have as many features focused on this. For the most part I use it to develop tools in pyRevit written in Python and it also comes with lots of libraries such as one that can support user interfaces (forms) without the need for custom packages like data-shapes.

Suggest giving it a try (there’s a free version), and seeing what you think of it. Give pyRevit a look as well as it has a high ceiling for rapid prototyping/development short of what you can do with add-ins/C/Visual studio (of which the ceiling is about as high as the API/your time allow).

I’ve got a video (slightly outdated now) of my review/demo of Nonica here:

Likewise, I’ve got a video on pyRevit running Dynamo scripts here:

I did review Dyno a long time ago, but I believe prorubim doesn’t work on it anymore as I know the war made running their business difficult (they are russian based).

@Nonica.io it may be worth considering maintaining a project thread here versus making new ones for announcements, this way all relevant information is kept in one place. It will probably help people warm up to having a promotion based announcement on the forums versus clogging up the threads and searches (you may have noticed these types of threads can garner a bit of a prickly reception). Look into such threads as that for Camber as an example of how this can be done. Just a suggestion.

5 Likes