Linked Element geometry not in the correct place

Hi All,

I am trying to find the intersection point of duct in host model and walls in Arch model to put penetration family. When I get the elements from the linked model and then the geometry, its displaced. How can I get the geometry to the correct location?

Thanks in advance.

. PENO WITH SIZE WITH DIRECTION.dyn (156.4 KB)

1 Like

You need to transform Linked Element Geometry. Use Springs.GetLinkedElements it has got transform output that will get you started.

2 Likes

Thanks @Kulkul, that did it.

If you find performance is an issue (which you will as you are extracting geometry) use BimorphNodes LinkElements to extract the geometry as they will be at least 50% faster for this workflow as you don’t need to extract the geometry first, then transform it after, which actually duplicates all the geometry. Since performance will already be comprised you obviously want to avoid any unnecessary conflation of memory usage; LinkElements are designed to located linked elements at their host location without these bottlenecks.

3 Likes

Thanks @Thomas_Mahon, You are right, My system was taking good 5 to 10 min to run the graph. now with BimorphNodes its less than 3 min. Thanks again.

1 Like