Is it possible to prompt pickpoint in revit section view from dynamo?

Im interested in prompting user to pick a point in a section view to direct a vertex. I found a very good post that almost works but it requires an active workplane and Im in a section view where workplanes dont exist to my knowledge. I could not find anything in Revit API Docks. Is there a way to pick a point in a section view similar to the related post bellow?

When used in a section view I get:
‘Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 24, in
Exception: No work plane set in current view.’

Thanks
Joe

Is it possible to pick a point on a drawing sheet ?

Use the :snowflake:_Set Sketchplane By View node and then the :snowflake:_Pick Points on Workplane from the Sastrugi package, as it uses the same Pickpoint method with a reset function.

Setting the sketchplane when the Active view is the sheet before picking the points should do the trick :wink:

You can use the Passthrough node from the Clockwork package to force the run order.

2 Likes

I need help for drawing sheet not for views.
Is there any way user can pick a point on the drawing sheet ? For example If I want user to pick a point for scale bar location on drawing sheet on screen.

When you are looking at a Sheet in Revit, that is the Active view.

Selected points will not display in the Revit window using the Dynamo preview, but you can use them to place Family Instances at points in views (when the Sheet view is used as the input).

I have highlighted the selected locations picked on this A1 sheet using the node.

1 Like

You can use the Passthrough node from the Clockwork package to force the run order.

@Ewan_Opie how can I do it? I want to pick point at the end of my script. Your node is first in path so I am not able to connect “passtrough” before it.

Hi @Konrad_X-PLAN,
Can you post an image of your graph workspace so I can suggest where/how to connect in a successful pass-through?

It works when is connected between boolean and pick points :wink:

2 Likes