Help Optimizing Space Creation from DWG file

I have a requirement to create MEP spaces from a DWG file and have a graph that works but it’s slow. I’m wondering if there is anyway to optimize the graph, or if Revit handling space separators and MEP spaces is inherently slow. Below are the associated files. This is an example floorplan but some are quite large and take 10-15 minutes to process. I have another script to grab the room name and number and assign it to the space, but I wasn’t able to figure out how to do it all in one graph. Any input on optimizing this is appreciated!

DWG to Spaces.dyn (40.7 KB)
DWG to Spaces.dwg (109.2 KB)

Hello…it works for me, if you only insert the link as “only current view”…

as mention here as well…Extracting text by layer from cad file - #7 by iliaspitserov

1 Like

Thanks @sovitek
The graph works fine, I am just looking for any ideas on speeding it up.

2 Likes

heheh probably I should read it right :wink: sorry…but anyway dont think you can run it faster…its pretty normal with all these seperations line it has to insert…

1 Like

Most of the work is done in zero nodes (CurvesFromCadLayers, CADTextData, etc) so there is no much you can do to optimize it.
If this is a tool you use every day and spend a lot of time waiting for it to run, I’d consider programming it again as an addon in C#, I got running times cut down from 30 to 5 minutes by doing it

2 Likes

Yes @architectcoding …It could be an option :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the input guys. I’ll definitely consider having someone program it if I find myself needing to use the script more.

Would you be willing to share the separate script you mentioned to assign the name & number to the space? If so, that would be much appreciated!