Dyno - Releases and News

Go to your Dyno folder in appdata here:

C:\Users\ “your user here” \AppData\Roaming\Dyno

then edit the Dyno.cfg file and change the value from False to True then launch Revit.

HI @Aleksey_Lobanov
Is it possible to use Dino for versions 2019 and 2022, with separate script libraries for Dynamo versions 1.3 and 2.1? thanks in advance

@y.Petrenko

1 Like

thnks!

Hi Vladimir,
I have a question to you.
How did you resolve problem with different settings for both dyno?
Its looks like not possible to make different configurations for 2019 (Scripts folder 2019) and for 2022 (Scripts folder 2022)
C:\Users%username%\AppData\Roaming\Dyno\Dyno.cfg

@y.Petrenko ,
you can use some .bat file for overwriting Dyno.cfg before revit starts

Yeah, also thought about that

I do not find a way to download the installation files the website is blocked

It’s yours WebBlocker problem. Try to download from other PC, maybe work or home.

same happen in phones, laptops at home or wherever in UK, I want to try it but I do not find installation files, I found version 0.9 Dyno studio but nothing appears in Revit 2019-2020

Blocked for me on multiple browsers in Sweden as well.

yes strange same here in dk

I share the download link as shared by Vladimir, I do not know yet if it works in Revit 2019-2020-2021.

1 Like

Honestly id just use pyrevit and data shapes or winforms if their forms library doesn’t cut it. Dyno seems largely unsupported now and last i heard from their devs they discontinued work on it.

1 Like

Maybe Relay than:
GitHub - johnpierson/Relay: Relay allows for you to add Dynamo graphs to your Revit ribbon.

2 Likes

the Dyno Browser 1.2.0 is working for Revit 2020,2021,2022 but not Revit 2019 and Revit 2023.

Pyrevits already working for 2024 (wip release though). Not sure RE relay but John’s always around to support or guide its use at least.

what you mean with Pyrevit? can it run dynamo scripts and manage them?

Moreorless. No dynamo player or input tuning but either data shapes or win forms can act as their front end.

You can also just write tools in python as well eventually which offers inbuilt wpf forms in the forms library that comes with it.

I’m currently running with pyrevit at a 650 pax firm and so far so good! Still supports ironpython as well in 2023 and 2024.

1 Like

That’s weird. I am using Dyno 1.2.0 in 2023 with no issues. However, based on the responses above, I may have to look for an alternative at some point.

1 Like