Data-Shapes Multi Input UI and ModelChecker

Hi
I am trying Data-Shapes Multi Input UI. Droop down menu is not working.

No Input box is appearing.

Hi @bikashseas , I believe you copy pasted the code from https://data-shapes.net/2016/11/03/multi-user-input-form-with-dynamo/ . I suggest you download the latest version of the data-shapes package or try code at the end of this post :
https://data-shapes.net/2016/11/12/update-multiple-input-form-with-dynamo/

1 Like

Thanks…I will try…

Dear Mostafa,
Please find attached the error I get (see also my message on your blog)
I am using R2017 SP2

Cheers,
Brice

1 Like

Hi Mostafa - I ran the graph in 2016 again this morning (now has the latest data shapes package) and received two errors. It didn’t launch the UI - just errored out.

Hope this helps with debug.

Thanks,

Scott

2 Likes

@scott.lind , @Brice_Gaudin
can you please update the package to the latest version (I fixed a Unicode problem today) and try again?
If it still doesn’t work , could you post a screenshot showing these outputs :

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

Here is the output using 2016 - will try 2017 next.

Thanks for your persistence in working this out - when it is running well I think it can be invaluable!

2 Likes

In revit 2016, ColorSelectionDialog is unfortunately not exposed. So you can’t use the color selection input in the form. You have to set the colors inside the script :

One other thing that seems to be causing an issue with this workflow is that Element.OverrideColorInView doesnt work when it gets an empty list (when one of the outputs of ModificationTracker.AllChanges is empty for instance) . So I added a filter at the end :

Here it is running in Revit 2016 :

I will put a link to download this 2016 compatible workflow on the blog.

1 Like

I will try setting the colors in 2016 and see how it goes. Just ran in 2017 and works as advertised when I select changes to air terminals. Will check more with multiple elements and let you know but looks like you have it.

Thanks!

Scott

2 Likes

Here is a screenshot with the results of a broader 2017 test with multiple elements tracked.

1 Like

Are the results correct?

1 Like

I had to run again to remember my color selections but yes -it works!

That exercise gave me an idea for a future version - could a static form appear over the view with the color keys for reference?

Terrific work you are doing Mostafa!

2 Likes

well the feedback really helps! :slight_smile:
yes some sort of legend is absolutely necessary. I’ve thought about it but still have to figure out a good way to do it.

1 Like

Are you able to help me with using this model tracker. New user to Dynamo? I have download the dyn file opened it and that is it i am lost lol

1 Like

Hi @kentcadltd ,
do you get any error when you press run? what version of revit are you working on?
and is it your first ever using dynamo ?

1 Like

Thankyou for a quick response.

Yes first ever time opening Dynamo, i am using 2016 with the 2016 dyn download.I have tried to run the script but i get a few errors…

Custom node definition not loaded - On multipal
Operation failed - On multipal

I did a screen record but it will not allow me to upload being a new user for some reason.

1 Like

I see … Well honestly I think the best thing to do would be to look at some of the basics of dynamo before you dive into it. You can find some great resources to do that here : http://dynamobim.org/learn/

that being said, if you download the right packages you should only have to press run…
You need the following packages: Archi-Lab.net , clockwork and data-shapes . you can easilly download the packages through the package manager :

just research the packages by name and download. Then the worklow should work.

1 Like

I will 100% take a look through these to get to grips with the basics.

But I did download “clockwork” “data-shapes” “Archi-Lab.net”

Then i selected the linked model and some categories to test, but i get 2 warnings still.

1. Is on the List.FilterByBoolMask - it reads “Value cannot be null. Parameter name:source”
  2. Is on the Element.OverideColorInView - it reads “Operation failed”

Sorry for the tedious questions, and i will be going away and starting the learning from the beggininig but as this is pre set up i would to see it work.

Thank you for the great work speedy response Mostafa.

1 Like

Im sorry i just come out and re run it again and it has worked perfectly!

Well done what a fantastic tool.Thank you very much.

I will take your advice on the Tutorials and hopefully be able to share a great tool like this in time to come!!

1 Like

@kentcadltd I just saw both your posts. Very glad it works for you! :slight_smile:

1 Like