Data-Shapes Multi Input UI and ModelChecker

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi when i run this it comes up blank without options to select anything?
Can you help?

1 Like

Hi @jason.carpenter ,
I don’t have the same issue on my side. Can you please give me more infos about your setup? revit versions, windows version etc.

1 Like

revit 2017.2
windows 7 professional
dynamo 1.2.1

1 Like

the .2 version as posted here works great!

1 Like

awesome :slight_smile: maybe windows 7 is why it didn’t work propperly… but this is just a rough guess I need to investigate more.

1 Like

Dear @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi ,

I am not sure why I got the output as “Function”, please see the attached screencapture. I am using version for Revit 2016.

Please help. Thanks a lot in advanceCapture123

Hi @ducvanvt ,
try right clicking on the “SortByCategory” input of the node and activate “Default value”.

Hi @Mostafa_El_Ayoubi,

I am getting the non-pointer error at the end. I am running Revit 2018, and the latest Dynamo and packages.

Thanks,

@Archinecture That’s because you have null values in your lists. Could you start a new thread with complete graph please as the original topic is already solved. Thanks :slight_smile:

Hi,

I opened a script sent me by a colleague that look exactly the same as the ones showed above but I’m getting this error “expected str, got list”:

Then I downloaded the script shared here Multi Input UI, non-pointer error and it works.

I’m using data-shape 2017.10.1 and Dynamo 1.3.1

This script gives the error.
ModelChecker.dyn (26.2 KB)

Any ideas?

Thank you
Giovanni

Hi @Giovanni_Brogiolo ,
you need to pay attention to the order of the inputs :
Here you’re feeding the input list to the description input.
Why don’t you use the custom node as it is?

Hi Mostafa,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I assumed the Inputs were in the same order both in the Python script and in the node and it was a mistake.

The reason I extracted the Python node is that when I run my script I get an error from both the DropDown Data and the ListView Data nodes:

The problem seems that the default values are somehow not taken into account. If I explicit them outside the custom node then everything works perfectly:

Thanks again

No problem :slight_smile:
Yes that happens when previously placed nodes are updated and have new inputs. You must right click on the new inputs and activate de default values. But that’s only for previously placed nodes, new one will work normally.

1 Like

@Mostafa_El_Ayoubi

Hi Mostafa, I am using your Modification Tracker nodes to compare 2 models.
The problem I have is that when for example a column size has been changed, then the beam connected to this column shows as modified (geometry and parameter) even though it actually hasn’t been modified. Because the column size is different the beam ‘cut length’ slightly is different and this causes the beam to be colored as modified.

Any idea if this can be handled somehow? Is there any tolerance node (similar to Navisworks clash detection tolerance) that can exclude small changes?

Thank You,