I’m still lost by your workflow. Are you documenting multiple buildings in a single master planning model with every building in it? If so then linking all the building models into to the master plan model for the overall documentation, and documenting each building inside of it’s own model would be a much smoother workflow. It allows for greater flexibility with this exact situation, and even works well with the printing workflow described in the other post you linked back to this. Trying to shift the spot you document stuff is kind of like shifting I don’t want to be a back seat bim manager here though, so thinking this through…
I can’t think of a good way to transfer sheets if they have 3D views on them. I don’t think sheets pose that much of an issue. Reading the parameters from model 1 and making new ones or applying them to existing sheets in model 2 doesn’t sound difficult. The views that fall on them, well those were where things get sketchy. Tried a few things at my office, they mostly fell flat and quickly failed.
I did have some success using a combination of Dynamo and the clipboard.
I created a basic model with 6 cropped views and a few dimensions associated to 6 levels. I did a save as to represent the new design model and closed it. I went back into the base model, and purged all model geometry and views from the “central” model other than the default 3D view which I renamed.
I opened the design model, went to the default 3D view, and used Dynamo to select all views in the model, and all dimensions in those views. I then got their Element.Id, turned the list into a single string with “;” in place of the “,” and removed the brackets from front and back of the string. I then sent this string to the clipboard with the Clipboard.SendTo node in Rhythm. It is possible and likely better to just select the elements but I wanted to use the Select By Id command to review what I was grabbing. I then added all model geometry to my selection (holding ctrl) by doing a big bounding box on the 3D view. I now had all model elements, 8 views, and a few dimension strings selected. I then did a clipboard copy.
I went into the 3D view of the “central” model, linked in the design model, half toned it, and then pasted the contents from the clipboard. Alignment was done by moving the exterior corners to match the link. The views which had dimensions carried their dimensions. I am assuming other annotations would move as well but I can’t confirm (too much of my own work to do). Area boundaries might be an issue as they don’t show up easily. Also plan views were renamed to “temp level” so you’ll have some renaming to do. Better than recreating all the efforts though, and a very easy scripted fix.
You will still have to recreate and pack the sheets, but I think that could be done with a second script that reads all sheets, gets the views and their location, and writes everything to an excel file. A 3rd script could create the sheets and place the views accordingly.
Generally I hate using the clipboard to move stuff between models, specifically with complicated pieces like this. It’s apt to cause corruption in the long term, so you’re kind of playing russian roulette with your project. If possible, I’d changing up the workflow so that it works with the software and takes advantage of it’s benefits rather than fighting it. Until then, the clipboard may be your only option.
Hopefully this works out for you. Let me know if you get stuck and I’ll try and help as time allows.