Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

For now, I think the solution is a Dictionary node.
Hope it will be fixed next time.

2 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Thank you for your wonderful work
I followed a previous post and replaced the Section.GetGeometry node with a PythonScript node to get the points directly from the SectionPoints’ Location property and it worked. However, I am A position to promote the use of dynamo within my company. I want to get all the points without PythonScript as a usage that is easy for everyone to understand.
It would be helpful if you could add the last point.Thank you.
Links to past posts:Get Section Geometry
I am borrowing the attached dwg in the past post.

way2.dwg (4.3 MB)
0__way2_SectionGetGeometry.dyn (26.9 KB)
Focusing on crossing No.7, I tried to compare three types.
1_Civil3dToolKit Section. GetGeometry
2_PythonScript SectionPoints.Location
3_export from Civil3d command [EditCrossSection]
1__SectionGetGeometry_No7.dyn (43.8 KB)
1__SectionGetGeometry_No7.xlsx (11.7 KB)
2__SectionPointsLocationPy_No7.dyn (45.0 KB)
2__SectionPointsLocationPy_No7.xlsx (11.8 KB)
3__From_Civil3dCommand[EditCrossSection]_No7.xlsx (12.2 KB)

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

I tried the set targets node and we’re having a problem(see attached image). We tried to create intersection, so we add two elevation and two offset targets. With offset targets everything is fine, but elevation targets are not working in some places of corridor.
The problem with elevation targets is solved when we go to the corridor and simply reselect the same targets.
maybe someone already had this and there is a solution for it?
Thanks in advance.

5 posts were split to a new topic: Disconnect pressure pipes from fittings

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1
In the above nodes Structure.partsize shown selected all sizes in the file Example in my case also i have many size i need filtering with one size only to can match below the size in the new part list could you advise which node i should use to filter structure by size?

List.FilterByBoolMask should work; compare the names to get the mask, and filter the list of parts (not the names).

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 Noticed bellow issue with AlignmentExtensions.GetGeometry node.

Before connecting node to the alignment everything seems to be working fine. I creating an offset alignment and adding widening to it through dynamo.

As i connect node to get the geometry of widened offset alignment, it removes the alignment from civil 3d and create a representation in dynamo.

Any suggestion if i am not connecting things correctly here.
The not only works same way with ArkanceSystem package, it behaves same way for python code of offset alignment.

I have the same issue. the row height and column width input not working for Table.ByPointDaata node

Have you resolved it?

A post was split to a new topic: Package loses host association when graph opened in Civil 3D 2024.1

Hi, one observation for TinSurfaceExtension.CreateSolids node, this node will give the required output, but places the object color in By Block instead of By Layer.

I wrote a script to convert a polyline drawn within a profile view into a feature line. The node “ProfileView.FindStationAndElevationAtXY” found the station as expected, but not the elevation. At first I thought it was because my profile view had a 10x vertical exaggeration, but changing it to 1x didn’t solve it.

I then realised the node collects all profile views, and there is no simple way to select specific views. I guess it was reading the polyline at the correct station, but using a different profile view to collect elevations, except for the first point? Dunno, it was weird. I got around it by specifying the index of the view I wanted, but just wanted to give that feedback.

Thanks!

2 Likes

I am facing issue in add pipe by curve.
Warning: PipeNetwork.AddPipeByCurve operation failed.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Can you please help me in this.

Hi,

Do we have Connected alignment or profile node or Python script?

Also, Can we change the Profile band data? To assign profiles to existing and proposed bands?

There is no node for that in the widely know packages, especially connected profiles, as they are not exposed in the API, which is an annoying limitation in my opinion.

You can find threads about that, for example:

A node for Connected Alignments is available in the Arkance Systems Node Library.

2 Likes

Hi, Thanks for the node. I am just a bit confused about how direction works. I am trying to create a connected alignment on the SE side.

Let’s continue here:

1 Like

I’m using C3D 2022 and Toolkit 1.1.32 but the ObjectByHandle node only returns nulls for pipes. It works fine for structures. Below a simple demo graph.