Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 here it is Autodesk_Civil3DToolkit.txt (59.4 KB)

1 Like

@Kulkul now what I need you to do is check on your dataset the values of the bugles for the arcs in the polylines following the log

1 Like

You mean count arcs in log file?

1 Like

check for each vertex if you have an arc or a line, check the bulge values

1 Like

Sorry I’m not able to understand. Shall i drop here dwg file?

1 Like

if you want but I cannot look at it

1 Like

In my test it works ok

1 Like

No problem check it out when you can. As you can see below in C3D this shows as arcs:

1 Like

@Kulkul that’s the 2D representation, it’s not the real featureline

1 Like

Alright! I recreated like you show above but Polycurve length is not matching with 2D or 3D:

1 Like

perfect check, the arcs in the log and in your file if you can spot a difference, there is nothing I can do about those differences, the 2D is the flatten version that you see from the plan view, the 3D is the real one, The polycurve is supposed to match the 3D find the elements that are not matching

1 Like

I’m not sure how to find the elements that are not matching. I haven’t tried this before.

1 Like

explode your feature line

1 Like

when i explode it became line :thinking:

1 Like

oh finally you got it! if it is a 3D feature line (2D and 3D lengths are different) it has no arcs.

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 When using C3D Create Pipe Network from object Pipes are created with arcs but while using Fetureline Polycurve all the pipes are linear:

C3D Create Pipe Network from object:

Using Featureline Polycurve:

1 Like

@Kulkul the methods are different, you need to change your logic in Dynamo if you want to replicate the UI command.

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 What’s the logic to replicate the UI Command?

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

Would it be possible to improve the TkCorridorFeatureLine.ExportAsPolylines node so that the polylines created would keep the same linetype, color and layer as the tkfeaturelines

2 Likes

@bertrand.savarit oh yes! it will take the feature line style in plan defined in the code set style of the corridor by default but you can override it and pick a new layer as well.

2 Likes