Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

Civil3DToolkit has Collaboration i.e. BIM360, (especially) Forge, just wonder if this can be generalized so it can also be used in Revit Dynamo, etc

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1

Iā€™m getting Warning The File exists for some reason for this node. I was able to read the pipe ids through python though :thinking:

Similar issue was discussed earlier in this thread. I tried to create another windows login user to see if thatā€™s the culprit, for few hours the node was working fine but later the issue bounce back again.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

If you gate time please look in to trimming node for polycurve. currently Dynamo doesnt have trmming option for line or polycurve. If you could add that node that will be really a great help for autocad dynamo scripts as well as civil 3d operations.

1 Like

You can use Geometry.Trim.

1 Like

This isnā€™t really a Civil 3D thing, but more of a Dynamo geometry thing, and as such likely best to request on the Dynamo Wishlist here: GitHub - DynamoDS/DynamoWishlist: This is a repository for all wishlist items for Dynamo Core.

That said, itā€™s a VERY easy workaround of 2 or 3 nodes in place of the one, so likely best to run with this for now:

2 Likes

Thanks @jacob.small for the solution ā€¦in the forum at multiple location it says we can not trim the polycurve hope we can divert it to this now.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, for some reason I am getting this error with the BlockReferenceExtensions.GetDynamicBlockReferences node. It persists whether the node has an input or not.

1 Like

Hi all,
I can not find how from AlignmentSubEntity Arc get Radius. Is there any workaround or tip how to get all Arc Radius from alignment?

1 Like

Hi, I donā€™t know if it is intended but the GetTKFeatureLines creates a Dictionary and therefore you cannot, for example, get the polycurves directly from its output :

1 Like

Hi, iā€™m not a Dynamo expert but thatā€™s how i would do it :

6 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 ,

Itā€™s great to see the progress so far!

Is there a node already to get access to User-Defined Properties?

I tried ā€œObjectExtensions.GetParametersā€ node, but they are not listed there.

If the node does not exist, Iā€™d appreciate if you can point me in the direction of building the one.

As a workaround, I am currently exporting the data through CoGo pointā€™s EditPoints panorama window data and reading it as a csv, which works, but not an ideal solution if any of the User-Defined property values are changing as well as the CoGo point location.

1 Like

Hello,
Reporting an issue I am having with the 1.1.8 patch. All 3 nodes that create solids from surfaces are pulling the same error to the same missing method.
Surface Error

1 Like

@mzjensen @keith.sowinski @raul.07.11 the call Iā€™m using in the node is the same available in the API, Iā€™m not preventing any values so to speak. Just keep in mind that what is exposed via API does not necessarily reflect what you can do in the UI.

2 Likes

@Ning_Zhou yes, it could be done. Iā€™d propose a review though as there are a lot of redundant nodes in the BIM360/Forge section, fyi @safi.hage

1 Like

@Kulkul thanks for reporting it, it might have to do with the temp file name used to generate the solid representation of the network components, in principle it should clen after itself but somehow it doesnā€™t. I changed the logic to exclude this. In the mean time Iā€™d recommend to clean your temp folder.

1 Like

@david_licona it is intended as the creation of the PolyCurves underlying the TkCorridorFeaturelines might be expensive, so you need to extract the code you really need. If you need them all, just extract the values of the dictionary, et voilat :wink:

1 Like

@clarsenCNDZF can you confirm which version of Civil 3D are you using?

1 Like

@ValentinB User Defined Properties are accessible via COM (look at the Parcels in the toolkit for example).
What are the objects you need these UDPs?

1 Like

@mzjensen thanks for reporting this, Iā€™ve found a bug, Iā€™ll fix it in the next release

2 Likes

Do you want me to delete all the files in %temp% folder?

1 Like