Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 is there any other method which I could use to obtain the correct slope then? In a profile data band it can be correctly displayed and labelled. Any thoughts on this would be appreciated. I could possibly export the data to excel and import it then with dynamo for the morment.

1 Like

@henry_from_sydney I know it’s confusing because of the way the Hydraulic parameters are displayed in the Civil 3D UI, but they have nothing to do with Part Data.
The HydraulicGradeLineUp is a Property/Parameter of a Pipe object.

2 Likes

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, this will be very useful. Unfortunately, I can’t seem to find the node that you have used. I am using the latest version of the Toolkit - v1.1.6 and the ‘ObjectExtensions.SetParameterValueByName’ appears to be missing. Could you please take a look?

Missing Nodes

1 Like

you are correct it’s coming in a next release

2 Likes

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, I intermittently get an error on the PipeNetwork.AddPipeByCurve node. It doesn’t seem to explain why and I’ve tried updating to the latest Civil3D Toolkit release with no luck. Any idea what might be causing this?

1 Like

@chris.holmes have you seen the log file for errors? it should be in your temp folder

1 Like

Thanks @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 , this will correct the bug we talked about ?

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

Could you add a query node to the ProfileExtensions shelf that will returns the LowPoints and HightPoints of a given profile with there stations and Z values ?

1 Like

yes

1 Like

Hi Paolo, I can’t find any log files in my temp folders and the Dynamo log files in my ‘appdata’ folder all relate to different scripts

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 - when you get the time, it would be nice to add a query node to the Layout shelf that gets the block table record of a layout. This would allow workflows to select/create objects on specific layouts.

2 Likes

Who can tell me where I am making the mistake?

thank you.

1 Like

@silas.junior thanks for reaching out, can you show what the warning message says in the yellow bubble?
Also can you look in the %temp% folder to see if there is a Civil 3D Toolkit log file?

1 Like

Hope you understand there is not a unique solution for min and max elevations and stations along a profile

1 Like

Here is an example of what we call Hightpoints and lowpoints (i translated it directly from our french words) :

Thats those kind of geometrical points that i was talking about in my demand.

3 Likes

Ok so it’s on the entities not on the profile

2 Likes

Depending on the increment the results may vary.

3 Likes

@mzjensen that’s a tricky one because the Block constructor is not public.

1 Like

4 Likes

3 Likes