Civil 3D Toolkit Feedback thread

@mzjensen I’ll have to look into that, thanks for the feedback

1 Like

Hi ,
I am new to using these tools, but have been tinkering and have hit a block in what I wish to do, any help appreciated.
I want to export the alignment element data to excel to create custom reporting solutions. Here is my initial attempt, it seems I cant get to the sub items in the elements list?

I want the elements in each column as if you imported from a csv etc, so one column has element types, next has x, then y etc, etc moving on to direction etc. I tried to experiment in python but it does not like it as its an object see error shown, any help appreciated.

cm

1 Like

I think you can use the list.flatten node before adding the list to the spreadsheet export node.

1 Like

Thankyou for the reply, but flatten has no effect on the list produced by the AlignmentExtensions.GetGeometry Node?

Was this node designed to be used in this way? The element objects do not seem to allow inspection?

Any further advise appreciated.
cm

1 Like

@cjm you the node returns Dynamo Geometry objects, the properties you can inspect reside under a different shelf (e.g. an Arc in the Alignment will generate a Dynamo Arc, Geometry > Curve > Arc).
Now if you wanted to get the length of an Arc, you should look under the parent shelf, Curve, because it is a property that is not specific to Arcs (e.g. you can measure the length of Lines, Circles, PolyCurves, etc.). Hope this clarifies.

1 Like

Thanks Paolo for your reply.
OK, so now I get that the node creates Dynamo Geometry. I am struggling to work out how to select that geometry, to use the nodes you mention. It is probably documented in many places, I just cant find it , I will look

1 Like

How to you select the designscript geometry to use the nodes i.e. Curve Length etc, All I can see is references to Revit in the forums and ref docs?
As always feedback most appreciated.
cm

1 Like

@cjm you should familiarize with Dynamo first, https://primer.dynamobim.org/
Strictly speaking what you are asking is not related to the Civil 3D Toolkit anymore and you should post your question under the appropriate category in the forum.

1 Like

My bad! I was doing everything right but for some reason the graph was not working, It was todo with the link to the current document, now it all works as expected. Now hopefully I can contribute some more here.
cm

1 Like

To get profile data ? I can’t find a node to select as per the alignment, do we need to use the select object node and select in CAD, is this the intended workflow?

1 Like

look harder

1 Like

do you know what it is… I had previously installed some other 3rd party nodes and they look very similar, but they don’t really work that well, I have removed them made sure I am only using the autodesk ones and it is working fine now. I knew it should not be that hard!

1 Like

@Paolo_Emilio_Serra1 - can you add a query node to the ProfileExtensions shelf that returns the profile name? It will save some gynmastics with String.FromObject, etc.

1 Like

@mzjensen I forgot about this OOTB node…

2 Likes

Ah yes, good point. I forgot about that as well. It’s odd that it doesn’t show up when searching for “Name”.

1 Like

Discontinuous (toolkit) Corridor Feature Lines

6 Likes

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1, is it possible to use the PartDataValueByName node to set the HGL of pipes?
I haven’t had any luck yet but note that the dictionary for parts seems to exclude HGL.

It would be very beneficial to have a node to set HGLs to complement the already existing HGLUp / HGLDown query nodes.

1 Like

Hi @Paolo_Emilio_Serra1,

the get slope at station node appears to always return postive values even if the slope is negative. Is this a bug or am doing something wrong?

Regards
Fearg

1 Like

@Fearghal_Timlin thanks for reporting this but this is not a bug and you are nothing doing anything wrong either: it’s just how the API in Civil 3D returns the values.

1 Like

1 Like