Camber Feedback Thread

Thanks for the quick response. Now I’m getting this warning:

Warning: GeneralSegmentLabel.ByObject operation failed.
Object reference not set to an instance of an object.

Nevermind fixed it. Thanks again for your help!

1 Like

I am so excited to dive into this @mzjensen thanks for all the hard work my man!

Have a great weekend and thanks again!

You got it Justin. Have fun and let me know if you have any ideas.

@mzjensen, I’m exploring your mindblowing package now. Thank you for this. I’m looking for solution how to change style names. Is it possible to get style (Camber.Civil.Styles.style) by object category name (string, for examle “PointStyles”) and by style name (string, for examle “Standard”)? Then I would like to rename style by your node Style.SetName. I have no Civil object in dwg. Thank you

1 Like

@Drbohlav see Camber Feedback Thread - #16 by mzjensen if you are referring to the same thing.

@shahid.shaikh_C3D, yes, I’m referring to the similar thing. I’m looking for node “getStylebyObjectCategoryAndName”. Inputs: for examle “PointStyles”, “Standard”.

There isn’t a way to get a Style by name and type yet, but I’ll look into adding that functionality. Also, your example using Point Styles isn’t possible yet either because I haven’t implemented anything for Point Styles (they are treated differently in the API than all of the other style types). That is also on the to-do list.

2 Likes

Probably because CogoPoints are actually Map 3D objects.

1 Like

@Drbohlav

Sorry, my English is not good I didn’t quite understand the meaning The name of the style can be obtained by the element itself com . used

If you have an example that illustrates your idea

1 Like

If this is going to create a discussion that is unrelated to Camber please break it out into a separate thread.

5 Likes

MLeaderExample

2 Likes

I dont know why this doesnt work - Structure to Structure. GetStructureByName comes from Civil3D Toolkit

that is why it doesn’t work you need to use camber to get the structures if you are going to use camber nodes to query them after. For this you can use the PipeNetwork.Structures node on camber (you fill first need to get the pipe network using camber too)

1 Like

What @david_licona said is correct. There are some technical reasons why Camber nodes can’t accept object types from the Civil 3D Toolkit. More explanation here. Let me know if it doesn’t make sense.

@mzjensen I am not seeing the ability to use Child Label Styles, or am I just missing them? I do see three (3) nodes dealing with child styles (AddChild, RemoveChild, ChildrenCount) but that is all.

Thoughts?
-jde

Nope, I was the one missing them :slight_smile: that’s a pretty big oversight on my part! Thanks for bringing that up. I’ll add it to the to-do list.

1 Like

Thank you for the answer!
Please tell me how the node works: MLeader.Block and MLeader.BlockPosition

I thought that was the problem so thanks for confirming