BumbleBee Trouble read Excel Data

I’m having trouble on reading excel file data from Bublebeee package.
I think that is a problem because of the dynamo version I’m using, the latest one I use was 1.1.0 and it worked nice with no trouble, but now since I use the latest one (version 1.2.0.2761), but I’m not sure that this is the problem.
Please help.

Excel_SharedParameters1.xlsx (82.4 KB)

1 Like

Hi Jose,

What does the error says?

Can you upload your screenshot again it is broken. Thanks :slight_smile:

Sorry didn’t upload the image file.

ReadWrite_Bumblebee_ExcelFile.dyn (9.0 KB)

Works fine from my side. Could you drop excel file?

Excel_SharedParameters1.xlsx (82.4 KB)

Yes I can. I’m working with Revit 2016.

I’ve also tryit with a clean test excel file and get only Null values.

Livro1.xlsx (8.0 KB)

The bumblebee version package I got is the latest 2017.11.2

Hello Kulkul, I’ve bean digging a litle bir more on the subject and I’ve found that there are some error mesages only shown in the python node.

It seams to be something about Microsoft Scripting Interperter.
Could it be some instalations problem. the dynamo readerexcel node apears to work ok.
Can you please give some advice.

Thanks,

JC

The all text says:

“Warning: IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript operation failed.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “”, line 24, in
File “D:\DYNAMO\U_SYS\BumbleBee\extra\bumblebee.py”, line 14, in
IOError: System.IO.IOException: Could not add reference to assembly ProtoGeometry.dll
at IronPython.Runtime.ClrModule.AddReferenceToFile(CodeContext context, String file)
at IronPython.Runtime.ClrModule.AddReferenceToFile(CodeContext context, String files)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.ActionCallInstruction2.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3) at System.Dynamic.UpdateDelegates.UpdateAndExecute3[T0,T1,T2,TRet](CallSite site, T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction6.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.Interpreter.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run4[T0,T1,T2,T3,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1, T2 arg2, T3 arg3)
at IronPython.Compiler.Ast.CallExpression.Invoke1Instruction.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run1[T0,TRet](T0 arg0)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext.InitializeModule(String fileName, ModuleContext moduleContext, ScriptCode scriptCode, ModuleOptions options)
at IronPython.Runtime.PythonContext.CompileModule(String fileName, String moduleName, SourceUnit sourceCode, ModuleOptions options)
at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.LoadFromSourceUnit(CodeContext context, SourceUnit sourceCode, String name, String path)
at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.LoadFromDisk(CodeContext context, String name, String fullName, String str)
at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.ImportFromPathHook(CodeContext context, String name, String fullName, List path, Func5 defaultLoader) at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.ImportTopAbsolute(CodeContext context, String name) at IronPython.Runtime.Importer.ImportModule(CodeContext context, Object globals, String modName, Boolean bottom, Int32 level) at IronPython.Modules.Builtin.__import__(CodeContext context, String name, Object globals, Object locals, Object fromlist, Int32 level) at IronPython.Runtime.Operations.PythonOps.ImportBottom(CodeContext context, String fullName, Int32 level) at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.FuncCallInstruction4.Run(InterpretedFrame frame)
at Microsoft.Scripting.Interpreter.LightLambda.Run2[T0,T1,TRet](T0 arg0, T1 arg1)
at IronPython.Compiler.PythonScriptCode.RunWorker(CodeContext ctx)
at IronPython.Compiler.RuntimeScriptCode.InvokeTarget(Scope scope)
at Microsoft.Scripting.SourceUnit.Execute(Scope scope)
at DSIronPython.IronPythonEvaluator.EvaluateIronPythonScript(String code, IList bindingNames, IList bindingValues)”

Try this ReadWrite_Bumblebee_ExcelFile(kulkul).dyn (13.4 KB)

Hey Kulkul tanks fo answer. :slight_smile:

It still doesn’t work I get the same error, may be a microsoft problem, I’ve also tryed it with a new excel file and got the same results. :frowning:

What version of excel do you have installed?

Hello John thank you for asking.

I’ve got excel 2013, windows 7 ultimate, revit 2016 r2 and dynamo 1.2.0.2761
Windows and office are portuguese versions.

Good to know its not just me- All i get is a return null which stops the script in its tracks.
Haven’t been real impressed with 1.2 so far. I like the improvements but seemed to introduce a lot of bugs. I wish packages automatically upgraded when new versions of dynamo come out. Most of the time all the scripts I have made stop working and I end up spending all the time i would have saved trying to fix them which negates the advantages of using dynamo. Here is the script I am having issues with but its still Bumblebee read excel.

Here is the read excel data in its simplest form and returns null. Should be returning a list with two indexes for each column and the info within.

Ok I made a work around using the ReadFromFile Node in Office- Accomplished the same goal-

This should be fixed on version 2017.13.2 Please download the latest.

2 Likes

I’m trying it, soon will let you know.

Works Fine!!! Excelent
Thank you a lot Konrad!!!
:slight_smile: