Batch export from Revit to IFC

Hi,
The names of the nodes have changed a bit

1 Like

Thanks @Alban_de_Chasteigner for your swift response

A post was split to a new topic: Filter a given 3D view

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

i try to cretae the script i have more than 11 models in the folder having same exporting view name I try to convert to IFC but I am getting the same error can you suggest how I can change it

Hi,

An example to export several views from a document :

Another example with several documents :

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner

Thank you so much its worked perfectly thanks for your time

Hi, I have two quesitons about the “IFCversion” input from “Export IFC” node (Genius Loci plugin).

options.FileVersion = IFCVersion.IFC4

What is the meaning of this code? Is it means that python wants to connect to the revit function "Exporter IFC - setup - IFC4 " ? But there are two setup related to IFC4.

Another question. if I have two customized setup in .json format, is it possible to send them to “Export IFC” directly? Or I can put it in revit file folder together with these 9 default setup ? So I can add the customized setup into the code, so as to provide the additional input

if fileversion == “EXPORT_IFC_DE_BASE”:
options.FileVersion = IFCVersion.EXPORT_IFC_DE_BASE

Currently, one of the solution I’ve found is recreate the revit Exporter IFC setup with Orchid plugin.

Hi Congzheng,

The Export IFC node uses the options avalaible through the Revit API, not the options of the custom IFC Exporter addin.

To use your custom setup, you have to call the Autodesk.IFC.Export.UI.dll (C:\Program Files\Autodesk\Revit 2021\AddIns\Autodesk.IFC.Export.UI) and modify the Export IFC script.

Let us know if it works and if the Export IFC node can be improved.

1 Like

Thanks for your answer and advice. Since I am a beginner, it takes me 2 hours to get enough courage to read the python definition :wink:
I just add some additional options, will test if it’s working tomorrow.

options.AddOption(“TessellationLevelOfDetail”,“0.5”);
options.AddOption(“FileVersionDescription”, “IFC 2x3 Coordination View 2.0”);

Here is another question if I don’t bother you too much.
How did you call the Autodesk.IFC.Export.UI.dll ? Because I didn’t find this script in your “Export IFC” node. Maybe because I don’t understand enough how each sentence works.

As I understand, in the current “Export IFC” node, users may be able to define some of the common setup , the other parameters will keep the same setting in the script (maybe they are not important at all).
So if my colleague give me the .json setup for Export IFC, I will need to recreate the same setup in python script, then this Dynamo Batch Export IFC script will work for this project. It is already very efficient compare to the Export IFC manually.
It could be more convient for the general Dynamo user, if “Export IFC” input don’t ask for setup parameters, instead, a .json setup file. Since .json has all the required settings.
here is a .json file. Please remove the .rvt
Configuration IFC - EXPORT_IFC_DE_BASE - Copie.json.rvt (1.3 KB)

Hi @Alban_de_Chasteigner,

I am trying to export multiple revit family files (.rfa) from a folder to the type (.FBX) … I have tried to combine scripts.

The scripts works but only converts the views of the file that is opened in Revit and doesn’t export other revit files as FBX from the folder. Please help!!

Maybe the “Open document Node - Rythm” is not working. I can’t understand.

There should be 89 files but it only gives 4 fbx files for only the views of the file opened in Revit
@Marcel_Rijsmus

Export IFC 2.dyn (32.4 KB)

I tried to do this also but failed. I am using family .rfa files but can’t seem to convert to IFC or FBX
@Alban_de_Chasteigner

@Subas_Bhatta Did you find a solution. I have to convert 100 .rfa family files to IFC or FBX. Please help if you found a solution

Just a quick question. Does anyone know if this method processes the IFC Export more efficiently than doingso manually in revit?

The Revit exporter is very slow, and when it encounters certain errors, it terminates the export process.

Very frustrating.

bump

anyone?

We have an app that runs at night.
Its quite good.
RTV exporter.

2 Likes

Is there an explanation of the IFC.Export node somewhere? This one asks for some strange inputs that I don’t know what to put in.

Google GeniusLoci and click the Github page
Or just follow this link

Dive in.
(That is: If the node you are using is from that package)

1 Like

Thank you Marcel. Sorry but I meant Orchid’s node. In that node it seems to be possible to use IFC settings from your Revit project as input. In the GeniusLoci node this option is not present and I get a very strange IFC. I can’t quite figure out what settings this node uses. It seems that I can only choose some of the settings such as IFC version, base quantization and level splitting.