IFC Export file

Hey,

I am trying to export an IFC from a file i opened in the background.

Situation i created:
Hey,

I am trying to export an IFC from a file I opened in the background.

Situation I created:
I opened Model A in Revit.
With dynamo i opened Model B in the background so i can export an IFC.
When i run the dynamo is still get an export of Model A instead of B

Hi @MelleH …does it work if you uncheck “default value” in your document input in the ifc export node…

Ps …and .remember close the background open document

1 Like

Thanks for your reply.

I’ve tried the default input but is doesn’t help…

Maybe @Alban_de_Chasteigner can help you, i assume the “Export IFC in Document” node is from the Genius Loci package.

2 Likes

do you have the ifc exporter installed ?

2 Likes

I just installed the addin and tested it but still didn’t work…

1 Like

Hi,

There are been somes changes in the Rhythm package lately. The Export IFC in Document node expects a Revit.DB.Document and not a Dynamo Revit.Application.Document.
Use the new Rhythm Documents.DynamoDocumentToDbDocument node to perform the required “conversion”.

3 Likes

Thanks a lot!
This made it work!

1 Like

Now that this is workin I tried it for multiple models at once.
I feed the node 3 models with the 3 views and the 3 names.
It creates 3 IFC models so that works. But the problem is that all 3 models are the same first model.

You need to set the longest lacing on the Export IFC node with several documents.

1 Like

Thanks!

Sorry for all the questions but I broke apart your node to customize some of the export the settings.
All of that works great but how do i turn on longest lacing of someting simular for a Python node?

We would have to see how you have edited the Python to help with editing the code.

That said it’s likely easiest for you to generate a new custom node which would allow you to utilize lacing and list levels as you would any other Dynamo node, rather than fighting the loops on the edited code.

2 Likes

Thanks!
I fixed it by creating a Custom Node!