Batch export from Revit to IFC

I think there is a Github page that package

Yes that’s right. I was hoping someone here knew the answer. I’m not very familiar with Githup, I can’t seem to find the answer there.

You forgot the " dive in " part

Do you mean by this: do your best or find out for yourself? I didn’t ask for your response. I don’t know if you see it but my question was in response to erfajo (the creator of Orchid) who asked if anyone would like to test their IFC export nodes.

So thanks for your unsolicited responses, but you’re not really helping. This makes this topic unnecessarily long and the chance of a solution unnecessarily small.

You provide a “solution” yourself with an app. I also tried that one but it also has no option to choose Export settings and it also generates a very weak IFC.

Hi @joep3AHHW …not sure but do you have ifc addin exporter installed ?

1 Like

Hi @Marcel_Rijsmus have you a link of your plug in for batch export IFC file from multiple documents and use the options of the custom IFC Exporter addin?
Thanks
Cheers

1 Like

RTV Xporter thank-you very much, I’ll try it!
Cheers

1 Like

I know this is an old topic but I’m having an issue with the IFC exports using the GeniusLoci node. Everything seems to work fine. The families are loaded in the project, a seperate 3D view is created and each 3D view creates its own IFC file. Problem is the exported IFC object is alway about 500m up in the air on the z-axis. Doesn’t matter what is exported the result is always the same. If I export the 3D view from Revit manually it works perfect with the correct coordinates. Am I missing some setting with this node?

Hi,

You probably missed the ProjectOrigin input :
IFC

Give it a try with SharedCoordinates (0) instead.

Excellent, that done the trick. I tried ProjectBasePoint before and it also didn’t work. I should have tried all of them. Thanks!

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if its possible to export Revit to IFC with a specific IFC Class so that it only exports the Walls within the project for example?

Hi,

The fastest way is to create a 3D view with only the walls visible. Use this 3D view as input.

1 Like

Hi all,
have you got an idea why the following script returns 10kb ifc’s of the models (9 int otal)? Something has gone wrong with the exporting

Hi,

Use instead the Export IFC in Document node. There is an input document.
At the moment, you are exporting the active document 9 times.

Hi Alban,
I have relinked the inputs but now all I get are nulls. Presumably I’m not feeding the correct documents to the node?

t

Sorry for the double reply, below is the error in the node
errorifc

Right. Use the DynamoDocumentToDbDocument node from Rhythm package to convert the Dynamo Document to an API Document.

It returns the same error as the one above. Could the issue be that the files are central, by any chance?

No.
It’s better to close Dynamo and try again with the DynamoDocumentToDbDocument node.
Add to your next message, an image of the graph with the the previews enabled under the nodes.