0.9.0 Release Candidate available for review

We’re getting ready to post the next approved stable build. We’ll be letting it “bake” for a week or so, looking for any late regressions or bugs in the new functionality. Please try it out, and let us know if you see anything gone wrong.

http://dyn-builds-data.s3-us-west-2.amazonaws.com/DynamoReleaseCandidateInstall0.9.0.exe

You can see the list of major new functionality in the What’s New on first run of the new install, or just take a look at the ReadMe on Github

Because this is a jump from 0.8 to 0.9, you will be able to have any 0.8 era Dynamo installed side by side with 0.9, so no worries about having to move back and forth with your old builds. The jump from 0.8 to 0.9 should be much smoother than any update before, as the underlying structural changes are much more subtle this time.

Thanks!

The Dynamo team

Hi Zach and thanks all the team for the efforts,

I want you ask;

• Improved 'Canvas Snapshot' functionality
Is there any new function about this tool or only background improvement?

Still waiting exporting background preview as png function :D.

Thanks

Hi Enes

This Export Workspace as Image functionality enhancement:
•Always exports the entire graph, regardless of currently visible part of the graph
•Keeps Constant image quality, regardless of current zoom factor
•Always exports the entire graph, regardless of graph location
•Does not export the grid
•Lets the image name be the same as the graph name

Hi Zach, First I’d like to mention how impressed I am with addressing previous issues - like remote access 3d preview, and other stability, visual and speed improvements in version 0.9.0. I’ve been using it for a couple of days, and I like it alot. 2 things are noticeable for me so far: 1) Large definitions tend to not open, the file would keep loading for an extended period of time, before it freezes, and eventually the file needs to be terminated (1 out of 5-7 times success load rate, for a file of 1.0 MB of size or larger) - as soon as it opens though, everything works very smooth. 2) Within the large definition/ file 3D Watch nodes stopped working, and the one time it was about to display a preview the file crashed.

Thanks for the tremendous effort of the whole team!

Boom! DirectShape and Remote/Parallels display improvements makes this one a very tasty upgrade. Tested both recently and they are very important to my workflow.

Zach, any time line on final release? Now that 2016 R2 is out I’ve got our deployment ready to roll but I was waiting on this. Thanks!

Hi Danny - We need to knock out the last couple open issues and put it through our final testing. So unless something new and significant comes up, we are targeting release for Nov 9th.

Rashed:can you share the file you are looking at that freezes?

Sean: hurrray!

Danny: Nov 9, if not sooner is the hope

Zach, I can possibly share it, over email. It’s paired with a Revit model, as it reads some of it components in it’s initial steps. Let me know how it’s best to communicate the info to you .

Thanks!

@rashed, if you are creating many revit elements with this file, when it loads up, it tries to rebind to the old revit elements, loading all of this data takes a while, I’m guessing this is the case since you said your file is greater than 1 meg, this would be interesting to look at and see if it’s getting stuck somewhere.

Dynamo crashes wile working with floor surface.

Crashed many times.

<!–more–>

The input argument "materialId" of function `anonymous-namespace'::TessellatedFace_constructor or one item in the collection is null at line 96 of file d:\sundial\2015_px64\source\api\revitapi\gensrc\APITessellatedShapeBuilder.cpp.
Parameter name: materialId</pre>
<pre>at ?A0x91c5a93f.TessellatedFace_constructor(IList`1 outerLoopVertices, ElementId materialId)
 at Autodesk.Revit.DB.TessellatedFace..ctor(IList`1 outerLoopVertices, ElementId materialId)
 at Revit.GeometryConversion.ProtoToRevitMesh.ToRevitType(Surface srf, TessellatedShapeBuilderTarget target, TessellatedShapeBuilderFallback fallback, ElementId MaterialId, Boolean performHostUnitConversion)
 at Dynamo.Applications.ViewModel.RevitWatch3DViewModel.RevitGeometryObjectFromGraphicItem(IGraphicItem item, List`1& geoms)
 at Dynamo.Applications.ViewModel.RevitWatch3DViewModel.Draw()
 at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
 at System.EventHandler`1.Invoke(Object sender, TEventArgs e)
 at Dynamo.Models.HomeWorkspaceModel.Run()
 at Dynamo.Models.WorkspaceModel.RecordAndDeleteModels(List`1 models)
 at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.BeginConnection(Guid nodeId, Int32 portIndex, PortType portType)
 at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.MakeConnectionImpl(MakeConnectionCommand command)
 at Dynamo.Models.DynamoModel.ExecuteCommand(RecordableCommand command)
 at Dynamo.ViewModels.WorkspaceViewModel.StateMachine.HandlePortClicked(PortViewModel portViewModel)
 at System.Windows.Interactivity.TriggerBase.InvokeActions(Object parameter)
 at Dynamo.UI.Views.HandlingEventTrigger.OnEvent(EventArgs eventArgs)
 at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
 at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
 at System.Windows.UIElement.ReRaiseEventAs(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args, RoutedEvent newEvent)
 at System.Windows.RoutedEventArgs.InvokeHandler(Delegate handler, Object target)
 at System.Windows.EventRoute.InvokeHandlersImpl(Object source, RoutedEventArgs args, Boolean reRaised)
 at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseEventImpl(DependencyObject sender, RoutedEventArgs args)
 at System.Windows.UIElement.RaiseTrustedEvent(RoutedEventArgs args)
 at System.Windows.Input.InputManager.ProcessStagingArea()
 at System.Windows.Input.InputProviderSite.ReportInput(InputReport inputReport)
 at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.ReportInput(IntPtr hwnd, InputMode mode, Int32 timestamp, RawMouseActions actions, Int32 x, Int32 y, Int32 wheel)
 at System.Windows.Interop.HwndMouseInputProvider.FilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, WindowMessage msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
 at System.Windows.Interop.HwndSource.InputFilterMessage(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
 at MS.Win32.HwndWrapper.WndProc(IntPtr hwnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wParam, IntPtr lParam, Boolean& handled)
 at MS.Win32.HwndSubclass.DispatcherCallbackOperation(Object o)
 at System.Windows.Threading.ExceptionWrapper.InternalRealCall(Delegate callback, Object args, Int32 numArgs)
 at MS.Internal.Threading.ExceptionFilterHelper.TryCatchWhen(Object source, Delegate method, Object args, Int32 numArgs, Delegate catchHandler)

capture

As the result, all the elements shown as null, but i can see them on background. and can’t use direct shape. (tried to import cumboid too)

if i open the definition file on a new rvt file for loosing all the references and re-select all the references, the definition works. But i should repeat all, again and again when reopening.

@Michael, @Zack, Correct. I do create many revit elements with this file (almost 1200 family instances), but I have an “if” node attached to a boolean to allow me to turn off the revit element generation part of the definition to avoid elongated load time. I have it turned to false by default, so it passes a “null” through the “if” node instead. This was a very quick work around to load my file much faster with previous versions.

@Enes. I think your problem will be solved by adding a material (preferably something transparent) named “Dynamo” to your template.

Hi, I would like to report a BUG.

I have encountered this issue only when I used the new update 0.9. The previous build 0.82 worked perfectly for me.

1. Running Dynamo without Revit:
  • starting a new or existing file, i cant see the background 3D grid or the dynamo geometry, i have tried Zoom-to-Fit and checking that the 3D preview is on, still i cant see anything.

1. Running Dynamo with Revit:
  • works fine just like version 0.82

So, is this a BUG really or version 0.9 is different from the previous build 0.82?

Waiting for your feedback, thanks. :slight_smile:

I found the same problem

Not sure if it’s just me, but it appears that the auto-organisation (Cntrl + L) of nodes doesn’t work every time. I have to hit it a few times to get back to previous functionality.

Hi, I was wondering how to use dynamo 0.9.0 for Revit 2014 because on the download site is written i can also use it for 2014, but with setup menu there is no 2014 available?.

Unfortunately Dynamo 0.82 will be the last version that supports Revit 2014. If you want something newer, you can try some of the “0.83” dailies - if I’m not mistaken, they should still have support for R14.