0.9.0 Release Candidate available for review

Hi,

I have some issues with Dynamo 0.9.0 release version on Japanese environment.

1. Clash Dynamo with Revit Background Preview and Revit Japanese
    I operate the following step.
  • Run Revit 2016 R2 Japanese and open a new project file
  • Run Dynamo 0.9.0 Japanese and create a new work space file
  • Put Cuboid.ByLengths node in work space
  • Automatically run it. The run is not completed.

• Then, I change manual mode and click run again.
  • Dynamo is clashed.

When I run Revit 2016 R2 English and Dynamo 0.9.0 English on same computer, this operation is no problem.
Of cource, when I run Revit 2016 R2 Japanese and Dynamo 0.8.2 Japanese on same computer, this operation is no problem.

I found out the workaround.

• First, turn off Background Preview and Revit Background Preview.
  • Re-run Dynamo 0.9.0 Japanese and turn on Background Preview only.
  • Put Cuboid.ByLengths node in work space
  • The run is completed soon. no problem.

What is Revit Background Preview? Are there any settings for turn off it always?
2. Cannot run DirectShape node with Revit Japanese
I operate the following step.

• Run Revit 2016 R2 Japanese and open a new project file
  • Run Dynamo 0.9.0 Japanese and create a new work space file
  • Put DirectShape.ByGeometry node in work space
  • Run the graph
  • I received a warning. It said “Warning:DirectShapeByGeometry operation failed”.

When I run Revit 2016 R2 English and Dynamo 0.9.0 English on same computer, this operation is no problem.

Doesn’t DyrectShape support with localization environment?

Thanks,

Makoto

Following up on the problem with large files failing to load on version 0.9.0: After the official release, I uninstalled the candidate release, and installed the stable version. Files are still failing to load most of the times. When successful, running the definition does NOT generate any of the geometry, and all nodes in the script read “null”. I’m sensing the file just fails to run… Help is needed, Dynamo gurus.

Hi Rashed,

Have you enabled the “Enable detailed usability data reporting (Instrumentation)” option in settings? This may contribute to the file size. Disable it, open your file, save it and see if it helps reduce the file size and improve stability.

Hi Rashed,

Your issue result is similar with my issue result. Could you try the following step?

• Run Dynamo 0.9.0
  • Turn off [View] > [Background 3D Preview] > [Available Previews] > [Background Preview} and [Revit Background Preview].
  • Quit Dynamo
  • Re-run Dynamo 0.9.0 and turn on Background Preview only.
  • Open your dyn file and run it.

Thanks,

Makoto

Is anyone having troubles with the Excel connection node package Bumblebee ? mine does not seen to work after i install it on the 0.9 version