Wall 3D View and Schedule

Hi,
I am a complete new in this, so please go easy :slight_smile:

This is what I am facing:
Every week I get new coordination up to date model from our client, then we do our through that model to show only the walls as we are a masonry deign company, and I am on my own! lol

To make my life a little easier I need to go through the model to isolate everything except a particular type or filmily type of certain walls. there are at least 4 or 5 different once.

then create views for each type! then do what we do and update our model.

What do I need:

1- A dynamo scrip that can help mw to create 3D view of 1 or more family type!
2- Another Dynamo script that can give me Schedule for the same walls with:
family - Type - width - Hight - Area - and Total.

Also, I was wondering if I can create a shared or Project Parameter and add specific Family to that!?

Just looking for something simple!
please help…
Thank you all in advance…

I wouldn’t use Dyanmo. Revit can do this without.
1st I’d use a linked model so each time there is an update, you just replace the link.
2nd. Filters. Revit filters will do what you want as far as setting up views. The only thing you need to do is decide what to filter on. Could be wall type, could be some parameter in the wall. If the wall types don’t change that much, I’d just use that as the filter. Filters can be applied to a schedule just like any 2 or 3d view.

As for your views - are you showing a particular wall in a particular spot of a set size and type? Or are you just trying to create a more generic view of a wall type?

If the wall types do change a lot – maybe, just maybe - I might use Dynamo. But not to monkey around with the views. But rather to identify what walls need to be included in the filter. And there are a couple of ways to do that. You could look through the wall types for the materials and set up a filter for each. Or you could identify the walls and push a parameter value into one of the fields like Comments. And then filter on that. But it might be faster to just manually put the parameter on the wall types if there are just a few.

Are you using copy/monitor for your consulting work? If not - you should defiantly look at that as well.

Graphic examples of what you are trying to do would be helpful.