Import Type Parameters to Revit

Hello,
I was trying to create a wall schedule in excel that can exchange information between revit and that spreadsheet with the help of a dynamo graph. I’ve extracted the information of all wall elements into the spreadsheet and I was going to export the information back to revit so I can connect my wall schedule to my revit file. When I tried to set the paramters by name, I got the error visible in the picture.

The aim of this graph is to list all of the wall elements in my revit model with the information from the paramters (Keynote, Family and Type, Width and Description - these are all Type paramters). To then update the information both in the schedule and the excel sheet, like e.g., Changing the name of the element or defining the correct keynote.

Thanks for the help!

@gpjb37509 ,

thats a classic topic… you can use f.e. package rhythm

KR

Andreas

Thank you for your quick response. I downloaded the rhythm package, but when I connected my nodes to it, it would tell me that it’s read-only, so it doesn’t actually import the information to revit.

Hello @gpjb37509 and welcome to the community…if it type parameter you want to write to, then try with element.type before setparameter…family and type is an instance parameter…and for width i think your mean your compound layers thickness…

2 Likes

Thank you for the fast reply and really thank you so much for the solution it really helped and now two out of four graphs work, which is amazing

The other two graphs say that they are read only. Do you maybe know why that is or how i can resolve it?

no not sure…try show your entire graph with all nodes expanded…then we can find out

This is my entire graph until the step where I connected the excel data to revit to create the exchange system.

Thanks…description is a typeparameter so here we need element type and for width its a read only parameter as it is controlled by layers compund thickness, so try set the layer thickness as shown in previous post…type name, here we need a node…set name from clockwork should do it

arhhh sorry see now description works now …so you only miss Type name and thickness…

1 Like

Thank you it worked!

1 Like