Verify Shared Coordinates between Multiple Revit Files

Hi,

Is it possible to verify the coordinates of multiple Revit models that use the “Shared Coordinates”?

I’ve seen other posts mention that it’s possible to acquire them, I’m able to extract the Project Base Point, Survey Point but I’m not 100% convinced the coordinates are accurate based on the main “Shared” Coordinates. Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated.

you can use the IsShared() on point.

Hi Yien,

I’m more looking to create a report that shows the “Shared” coordinate location from Revit. Similar to what would be exported to Navisworks.

The “values” shown on the ProjectBasePoint can be edited and changed, but the “Actual Shared” value is what I’m looking for.

Thanks,

you mean something like this? i got each document from LinksIntance, then get the coord of both basepoints and then check if it’s shared.

That seems to be it. :slightly_smiling_face:

Could you share how you did this?

Thanks

Yeah sure, it’s part of a bigger code, but here the main definition. Basically, you must get all linkinstance with a collector :

doc = DocumentManager.Instance.CurrentDBDocument

collector = FilteredElementCollector(doc)
linkInstance = collector.OfClass(RevitLinkInstance)

docs = [doc]

for link in linkInstance:

if link.GetLinkDocument():
	docs.append(link.GetLinkDocument())
else:
	pass

Then use the custom definition to output the result. i format the result to fit in a Excel line by line, but you can bypass this. I you need help, let me know.

Hi Yien,

Is this from Dynamo? Using a Python node? And is this available in 2019, or only 2020?

Thanks,

Yes in python inside dynamo. It will work for 2019 and 2020.

What I believe I’m looking for is the SharedLocation.

https://www.revitapidocs.com/2020/ad4095ac-ab51-3589-fcbd-c28b93bb3158.htm

I believe this shows the Shared Location of the point?