Get Base Point coordinates from linked instance with multiple sites?

Hi, guys! I’ve been using Genius Loci’s amazing node “Get Project Locations” and it has helped a lot on many occasions. However, I’ve found there is an issue when the linked instances have more than one site - I think it only gets the one, set to current in the linked document. Here’s a simplified example of the issue, along with sample files and a graph (download from here: WeTransfer - Send Large Files & Share Photos Online - Up to 2GB Free ). I have those linked instances, leading to a single document with multiple shared sites:

Dynamo only reads the internal location for each one, placing them all in the same place:

I tried playing around with the code, but could not fix it :frowning: Any ideas how to solve this?

1 Like

Hi @danail.momchilov,

You have to retrieve the ProjectLocation by name in the link and then it’s coordinates.
It should be possible.

1 Like

You were right, I found suitable nodes from the Orchid package, that do the trick:

Thx!

Here’s the graph, to anyone who might find it usefull (you need to install Orchid 206 for Dynamo 2.6):Locations Issue.dyn (48.8 KB)

2 Likes