Hello Dynamo people!
I’ve been struggling with this task for days now. I can’t perform a very simple task which is cut a solid mass with a topography to create a concrete fill. I tried with OOTB tools from Revit but apparently topo won’t interact with mass easily. I’ve read a lot of forums and posts about similar operations but most of them, if not all, are about cutting topography, I need to cut the mass bottom part with the topography and then fill it with a generic model. Can’t be that hard right? Well It is for newbie like. I need the red part of the mass only.
Here are some of the references for this challenge I based my script on:
- Create a solid from a topography
- [Solved] Revit & Dynamo: How to cut anything with topography
- Revit & Dynamo: How to cut anything with topography - YouTube (by @jostein_olsen)
- Copying and adapting some nodes without success. Either I get warnings, out of date nodes, or even tried custom python blocks but will freeze Revit… or just won’t do anything.
- I’ve seen most people use “Spring nodes” and so I tried.
- The OOTB split.geometry won’t cut, sometimes It gave me a warning (All posts I’ve read are at least 5 years old, so i’ts out of date)
Maybe converting the topo’s mesh to an other mass so I can manually cut mass with mass? As long as I get the result I won’t mind the method.
After a lot of rework and scripts I came with this one, of course it doesn’t work but i’ts the one that got me the closest. (created the generic model once (uncut), then never again).
concrete fill.dyn (25.1 KB)
EDIT: I tried with split.geometry, but it wont work, i still have the same cuboid.
NODE WARNING: Warning: One or more geometries have failed to convert due to this error: Unable to create Line. Points are likely coincident.
Lastly I would like to thank you for the time here Please help me, i’ts getting so frustrating, hopefully it will be a little tweak in the script…
Current Dynamo: 2.0.1