Trouble understanding dimension.byelements

Hello,
I’m trying to understand the quotations time and again, I feel like I’ve done everything right and yet it doesn’t work, why? attached are the dynamo nodes and my vertical section view of my window. select model element is my window.

the ultimate goal is to have the window as well as the top and bottom slabs on my cut.

You need an input for where the dimension will be made (line input)

I may be taking this the wrong way, but it’s not working for me.

Hello @plemert keep in mind that node expect at least 2 elements and reference elements and not lines…I like to use genius loci for that kind

1 Like

I’d already heard about this package, although I’m not a fan of this method because I can’t control the nodes created. Do you have a small example to show me?

Yeah all these nodes are written in python…if you take a search here in the forum i guess you will get many hits how it can be done…

Here is an example for section with genius loci

1 Like

and if the section isnt sharp on view, then try pull on plane…

may you show an example of a 3d view? does it work like this case?

Thank you, I tried to reproduce this example by downloading the package genius loci unfortunately I can not find the noued “Surfaec.FilterByOrientation” as in the example, it is another package?

Yes, it is from Clockwork package.

1 Like

Yes @plemert as @emrullah.yildiz mention that one is from clockwork and the viewplane as well

1 Like

Hi @paulo.goveia yes almost the same for 3d dimension…
Revit_5ibnrcheCf

1 Like

thank you for this great help :slight_smile: i don’t normally use any packages so i’m just discovering ^^ by following the prescribed example the dynamao works well but… only theoretically, the cut nothing really appears as i show you on the attached image. so i don’t know where the problem comes from :confused:
my view settings and so on are active in my revit cup.

hi @plemert try as here…

dimensiontest.dyn (31.1 KB)

1 Like

I’ve more or less found the solution, my dynamo and yours work well on a “classic” revit template but don’t work with my enterprise template. thank you very much for the help you’ve given me, now it’s up to me to find out where this error on my template comes from ^^.