Tag.ByElement issue on multiple views

Hi all,
I am trying to create a script for tagging my pipe system only when I have a difference in pipe dimension. Everything seems to work properly, except from the fact that once the script is used on another view, the tags in the first view disappear. So I can either have tags on one view or the other, but not on both.
Is there a method to preserve the existing tags?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Sounds like element binding.

You can run the graph and sync and run again to test this. From there continue to run the graph in the dynamo player

Post from Jacob on the subject here

1 Like

Thank you very much for the answer pyXam!

I tried the run-sync-run procedure, but it doesnĀ“t help unfortunately.

Although I think element binding is what causes the issue as you suggestā€¦ I tried to run ā†’ sync ā†’ close the model ā†’ open the model ā†’ run the script on another floor andā€¦ the tags didnĀ“t disappear from the previously tagged floor!!

PS: if I would have to run the script from the Dynamo Player, how could I change the view where I want to tag?

I dont ever use the player but try it, it might give you a dropdown box like you currently have.

If not a quick google will solve that im sure :slight_smile:

hello, To make it appear in the player

Good video also from Mr. Pierson on the structuring of Inputs
cordially
christian.stan

1 Like

Hey Christian

ThatĀ“s it! That was exactly what I needed :smiley:

Just to recap for future useā€¦ as pyXam said, this issue is related to the ā€œelement bindingā€ and the solution is to run the script from the Dynamo Player. The ā€œviewā€ variable can be chosen through the Dynamo player, following ChristianĀ“s instructions, by right-clicking on the ā€œviewā€ node and marking it as ā€œis inputā€.

Thanks @pyXam and @christian.stan !

2 Likes