Synchronize Parts Catalog with Families

Greetings!

I’ll put you in context: I have a catalog of parts in revit in .rvt format where I have loaded all the parts and families that we use in the projects (both simple and composite parts), I use it to update the data of the parts: Price, manufacturer… The problem is, even if I modify the schedules from the parts catalog, that information is not synchronized with the independent .rfa of each part or family. Is there a way to do it?

On the other hand, Is there a way for the parts I create from now on (.rfa) and their information to be automatically added to the parts catalog mentioned above?

Thank you in advance!!

Welcome to the forum.

This is more of a Revit workflow question than a Dynamo question. You might have better luck asking on one of the Revit forums. There are certainly parts that you could automate, but that would depend on the workflow you choose.

Off the bat, I’d say type catalogues sounds like the closest out of the box solution. This would allow you to maintain the data in an Excel format and “push” all updates from there.