Springs.AdaptiveFamily.ByFacetedGeometry- not following point order

Hi All,
I have been trying to create an adaptive component with eight corner points using the node “Springs.AdaptiveFamily.ByFacetedGeometry” in the Springs Package.
Even though the point order matches, the adaptive family doesn’t follow the point order and a distorted object as per the image attached is created.
Did anyone else have similar issues? And if so, how did you overcome this problem?
Thanks for your help!

Its not easy giving advice from the image itself. Lets see the graph :slight_smile:

1 Like

Note the “Faceted” part in the name of the node. That means that your final geometry has to consist of simple planar faces with no inner loops. From your image, it looks like your input geometry is curved. The easiest way to get a faceted geometry from that is by tessellating it with the mesh toolkit package.

We start with some groovy shape:

We then triangulate it using a low tolerance/grid input. Having too many faces will slow revit down:

You can then place an instance and start tweaking the points either manually in Revit’s UI or programmatically through Dynamo:

FacetedFamilyExample.dyn (26.2 KB)

Here’s a few sample files that show this further. Tho they might be a bit outdated:

3 Likes

Hi Dimitar,
thanks for the response. I have followed the steps suggested by you, but the result is still the same. I was also wondering if it is possible to assign the type of points somewhere? All the family points are reference points. Is there a way to change the type of point to placement or shape-handle point?

1 Like

Are you running this from within the family environment? The node is intended to be executed from a project environment. I haven’t tested it in a family. I’ll give it a try and get back to you. All points are supposed to be adaptive by default and the concept won’t work with reference or shape handle points.