AdaptiveComponents.ByPoints

Good Day,

I was learning importing a 4 points adaptive family in producing a gherkin tower. I import this 4 points adaptive panel using metric generic model and when launching script in Dynamo, it appears to be a odd twisted family. I had attached pictures and file. Please advise on my issue. Thank You!

Gherkin.dyn (87.0 KB)

REVIT file can be found from: https://www.dropbox.com/home/Dynamo/Gherkin%20Tower

You need to get your points in the order that the adaptive family is expecting them, and in groups of points as sublists.

For example, if your adaptive family is expecting 4 points, then you need to feed in 4 points in the correct order

It is a list manipulation question i.e to get the point data in the right format

2 Likes

It’s strange because I can see you’re using the QuadPoints function from Lunchbox which from my experience should return the points in the correct order for a typical 4 point adaptive.

Can you show us a screenshot of your adaptive family in the conceptual environment (points numbered)? Maybe the points aren’t cyclical (e.g. they go 1,3,2,4) in this environment.

1 Like

@Andrew_Hannell @GavC cheers for your inputs. I solve the issue by addding a Geometry.scale node into dynamo which solved the issue.

1 Like

Hi @GavC Can you please tell me how can we sort the points in a cyclical manner ?

Unfortunately I lost access to that account so stopped using it, I use this one now.

In an adaptive family you will see the point order shown at each point (the number next to each point). To follow a quad panel from a package like lunchbox you need to ensure that the points occur in the same order around the quad panel as they do in the family editor (or vice versa). If the points are not ordered in Dynamo then usually the list management used to generate those points by panel should be revisisted - making them cyclical will always be different depending on your script.

If you have one feel free to share it so people can review why your points may not be cyclically aligned to an adaptive component’s points.

1 Like