Solid in Dynamo, No Solid after "Send To Alias"... Any Ideas?

Apologies for the sloppy nodes, this is still a work in progress.

Link to Imgur with all photos needed: Dyanmo Send To Alias Issue - Album on Imgur

I am having some issues with the “Send to Alias” node working as I expect it to. Inside of Dynamo, It tells me (I think, I am still learning) that I have one solid when I go to send geometry to Alias. However, Once that Geometry is brought into Alias, some of the Solid.ByUnion operations do not appear to have worked as the rest of them did. Even weirder, is that it is only the first “y” plane of spheres that seem to be the issue. Every other sphere trims perfectly fine.

Any Ideas?? I’m kind of out of ideas at this point.

James o7

Hi @ruckerjamesc ,
We have seen issues with solid operations and spheres in geometry from Dynamo sent to Alias before (for my own reference, see ALS-13390).
Could you please provide your .dyn script here, so I can have a closer look?
Thanks,
GG

Hey Michael,
Good to hear back from you. Unfortunately, I can’t send files yet in the forum because my account isn’t old enough. How would you like me to move forward? I can email it to you if that would be preferable.

James Rucker - Tangent Design Group

3D Cube Test 5.2.dyn (301.9 KB)

Hey Michael, small update. I’ve spent some time in the forums this morning and was promoted to the next trust level. Here’s my script, let me know what you think.

Thanks a bunch,
James

Hey Michael, Pinging you again so that you see my dyn file is uploaded!
Thanks again,
James
3D Cube Test 5.2.dyn (301.9 KB)

Hi James,
I have had a look, but don’t see the issue? We can have a call, if this is easier, or you would need to point out to me how you got to the single sphere which you displayed on your image on imgur?

1 Like

Cool script, by the way! :slight_smile:

@ruckerjamesc thanks for the call earlier today. I double checked, and it actually IS a regression to a former version of Alias. I know it’s a terrible “workaround” to suggest for now, but using Alias 2021.1 should deliver the correct trimmed result in Alias.
We have this logged as ALS-13390 in our system, I will do my best to get this fixed soon!
Thanks,
GG

Awesome. I will give that a shot and get back to you.

Thanks!

That did the trick! Working on a 3D print right now!

Happy to hear it’s an acceptable workaround for now, nevertheless I will try to get this fixed as soon as possible. :slight_smile: