Solar Analysis node issue

Hello everyone,

It’s severapl days that I try to understand how the SolarAnalysis node works. Unfortunately I didn’t find anything about it except the workshop at the Acadia 2014.

Someone can help me? I select a surface and some shading surface but nothing happen… the only error I find is: Warning: No function called %get_Results could be found. Please check the name of the function.

Capture

Thanks to all

I’ve posted a workflow that (among other things) uses solar radiation analysis here:

Great!!!

Thanks you very much…I’ll give you some feedback.

I’m having issues with the solar analysis node. Firstly, I am getting a ‘could not find the weather file’ error. The weather.FromLocation node seems to be working so I don’t know why it is failing.

Secondly, in Revit I have the sun set to 9am 21 June 2015 (Sydney time - UTC+10). But when I run the SunSetting.StartDateTime is shows 20 June 2015 at 11pm. It is obviously showing the date/time at UTC. Is there a way to get it to show at the current time zone? Otherwise its just confusing.

Solar error

anyone?

I’ve managed to get Dynamo to read the weather input. I’m not sure why it wasn’t working. I guess restarting Revit/Dynamo seemed to do the trick.

But now I’m having problems visualising the results. All the info seems to be flowing correctly. Active view is set but nothing shows. Does the view need to have a special setting - shadows on/off, shaded, etc.?

Andreas - I tried to download your Github file but it wouldn’t open - both the Revit file and the Dynamo script.

Solar error 2

I was wondering if anyone has developed this analysis further with new nodes in Dynamo. Im having difficulty building around new solar analysis node, for example, how does one input the sun settings? Any suggestions or further development with new nodes and lack of Vasari as a tool for radiation data.

Thanks

No idea. However, the only package currently available is supposed to have timed out by now. :frowning:

Hi! I am trying out the solar analysis node but get the error:

“Warning: SolarAnalysis.Analyze operation failed. Could not load type ‘Dynamo.DefaultRenderPackageFactory’ from assembly ‘DynamoCore, Version=0.9.1.4062, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’.”

What am I doing wrong?

Might have something to do with the package timing out on Jan 1, 2016

Hello everyone,
I am facing a problem in using solar analyst node in Dynamo. When I am applying the node on some surfaces (not all surfaces), the number of cumulative radiation points do not match the number of calculation points. For instance, as you can see in the screenshot, while there are 800 radiation points, there are only 420 calculation points.
I was wondering if anyone faced this issue or has a solution for it.

@Martin_Joe I had the same problem, try using Weather.ByLatitudeLongitude, it should work even with Revit 2020 and Dynamo 2.1.0.

Somehow SolarAnalysis.Analyze does not recognize weather data from Revit site location.

Not the answer to your question- but in my experience, I’ve tried with a number of Autodesk environmental analysis tools, but given up. They just seem to be a half-hearted attempt & I’ve never been able to get any decent results- but happy for someone to set me straight.

Ladybug/Honeybee in Grasshopper are pretty well know.

Less well known is VI Suite, which works within Blender. Whilst it is yet another application to come to grips with- I’ve found it fairly easy and the node editor in Blender has some similarities with Dynamo/Grasshopper.