Sheet.duplicate from bimorph nodes extremely slow (alternatives?)

I have tested this across machines. This is the single slowest operation in any script I have made. In some cases it can take up to 5 minutes for single execution of graph on 9th gen i7, RTX Quadro 4000, 32GB RAM. Is there an alternative way to duplicate sheets that anyone knows of?

Revit 2022 has a built-in Revit node for duplicating sheets, but not sure if it’s going to solve your issue. We use Dynamo to create sheets and place views and a lot of the lag time is based on the complexity and amount of elements in the views being placed. We deal with architectural panels and if there are a lot of elements on the panel (i.e. bricks), the creation takes longer. I may be mistaken, but I think most of the lag is caused by Revit having to regen the views.

It is understandable that this operation would take a long time, just asking around if anyone knows a better optimized and faster duplicate nodes if they exist. But thanks for explaining that this is not abnormal.

1 Like

You may be as fast as you can get with Dynamo and Python. However, you may gain in speed if you know how to code in C#.

Could you please link any useful resources on this? I am right now duplicating 6 sheets with settings blank, no views, no dependency and it’s taking more than 2 minutes. If I do this manually it creates them instantly.

Can you share your file so I can take a look? Only share a minimal reproducible case - don’t share a graph or file with lots of information/packages etc, otherwise I wont look at it.

Here’s the reproducible minimum. Took over 3 minutes to execute (with any sheet in any project). Yet duplicating manually was instant.

@1bitBoolean Try BimorphNodes v5.1.0. The node is much faster with a few sheets, but I recommend not exceeding 15 otherwise it takes forever. There’s little that can be done about it since its a problem with the way Revit regenerates the document after view & viewport creation.

1 Like