Bimorph sheet.duplicate isnt working correctly

Hey there!

I am currently creating a Dynamo script that copies a set of selected typical sheets from one revit project file, and pastes them into the active document. It has a data-shapes ui that allows the user to select the sheets required, then copy them to the active document.

For some reason, it is not working but its not displaying errors either.

All the sheet elements appear until it is sent into the input of the Sheet.Dupilcate node.

Does anyone have any suggestions or things to try to resolve this issue?

To fix this you need to provide:
-revit version
-dynamo version
-a screenshot showing all the inputs to this node

My apologies!

I’ve provided a snapshot of the script above.
Hopefully that helps!

Version is Revit 2022.1
Dynamo core is 2.12.1.8246
Dynamo Revit is 2.12.1.8411

Run the graph so we can see the actual values going in.

I’ve run the script, but no errors or warnings appear.

Understood. But whilst i cannot help you here, someone with more intimate knowledge of the node in question or even the creator will want to see the list structures of what feeds to the node to see if it complies with how the node was constructed to be used or if the node itself has a bug.

• Show the input for the binary to number block

• move the node so the wires dont cross and its easy to see which of the inputs in which

:slight_smile:

You could in the meantime try;

-making sure you have the correct version of bimorphnodes

-try feeding it just 1 sheet and manually input the other values.

This helps you understand at which point it is failing. No errors doesnt always mean what you have going in is correct, it might just mean that the code wasnt written to handle the use case and doesnt have a catch to find it.

There was a bug that’s just been fixed when duplicating sheet annotations, but that throws an exception, so I don’t know the cause of your problem. In any case, upgrade to BimorphNodes v5.1.2 and test with that version. If its still a problem share a Dynamo script with only the Sheet.Duplicate node that reliably reproduces the result you are seeing with a small sample Revit file for debugging.

Thanks, I’ve updated to 5.1.2 and the same issues occur.

If I open a Revit package file in the background using rhythm’s Applications.OpenDocumentFile and try to duplicate sheets/views into a new active document via the Sheet.Duplicate node, then it will not duplicate.

If I open a Revit package file and try to duplicate sheets/views into the same Revit File via the Sheet.Duplicate node, then it will duplicate.

It it possible that the Sheet.Duplicate node has to duplicate from an active document?

It uses the active document.

1 Like