Select Sheets Manually

Hello, I am wanting to write parameter information back to only certain sheets in my project. Is there a way to manually select the sheets i want the information passed to? This what i have so far. Pretty straight forward stuff, I’m just having a difficult time figuring out the selection portion. Thank you in advance.

Look into the Datashapes package for UI++ nodes.

I downloaded the package but I don’t see anything that applies to what I’m wanting to achieve.

or maybe a way to return a list of sheets in my model i can select from. That might work even better as opposed to selecting each individual sheet in my model. Can you point me in the right direction on how to return a list but also be able to select from the list possibly in the dynamo player.Jes Spool Sheet Set Parameter.dyn (12.9 KB)

See here:

1 Like

So i followed an example and cant pick any sheets, they are grayed out. Any idea on what i did wrong? I tested it on my pipe and it did work so i know i did something wrong.
Thanks to both you guys this package is so awesome!!!

The D|S dialog box is supposed to give you a Sheet list with the tickmark boxes next to it, take a closer look at your inputs

I was able to find them but as far as the tick marks and couldnt get that to work. I’m sorry i’m asking so many question I’m fairly new to Dynamo, i’ve only created get and set scripts.

Try this… I can’t remember where the thread is, you should get the idea.

Cut.dyn (67.9 KB)

Hope that helps,

Mark

2 Likes

Thank you for the help Mark, but my goal isn’t to create new sheets its mainly to dump parameter info to selected sheets. I’m using the Data-shapes package to create a ui but i cant seem to figure out how to manually select the sheets or have a list of sheet with a tick mark so i can run my script when executed.

Hey,

Yes, the graph does the select sheets bit, you can dump the rest.

I’m no expert, can you point me to the section where you create the sheet select. Its a bit much for me to digest. Hopefully soon i can create something like that.

I’ve updated the link above…

1 Like

Thank you!!! IT WORKED!

1 Like

Mark any idea on why i cant return any of the info i fed the ui.multipleinputform?

No worries.

Not just by looking and unfortunately I’m away from my PC for the weekend.

I would suggest starting small, make sure each part works, then try plugging more and more in.

If you can’t get it to work, post your test files here so it’s easier for people to help.

Cheers,

Mark

2 Likes

I got it working!

1 Like

Woop! Great work :slight_smile:

1 Like