SectionView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint

Hi,

I’m having trouble getting sections created using the SectionView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint node to crop correctly around an object.

I am making sections/elevations of non global xyz aligned curtain walls. I’ve setup a coordinate system for each curtain wall which is used to orient the section.

I have created points based on the local coordinate system for my min and max point. I am assuming the min/max points are - or at least should be - relative to the local coordinate system and should determine the extent of the crop.

Any thoughts on where I might be going wrong would be appreciated?

Thankyou

Will

Hey, this is an old post but did you ever get an answer William? I’m trying to do the same thing.

Have you reviewed this posting?

There is quite a lot of helpful material for this in there. :grinning:

Thanks, that post has a lot of what I need. Problem is I can’t find Element.LocalCoordinateSystem which is a key part of the script. Where is this node from and does it work with 1.3?

Looks like this is part of the BIM4Struc.Productivity package.

Refer to here :grinning:

Thanks, this is very good for everything that is not a wall. Seems that the embedded element.handorientation does not work with walls. I’ve been trying to replace it with wall.orientation but it does not provide vectors that can be extracted.

The funny thing is that I’m so close with the standard sectionview.bycoord node. I can get it to make all of the views for the objects, they just need to by flipped up. I’m going to keep trying on this track with coordinatesystem.rotate.

1 Like

I have succeeded in making ‘something’ that works. It only works when the walls are orthogonal but the concept is there. My next questions are:

How to get the boundaries of the views to match the elements.

Get the views to match the orientation of the wall in plan (only for plumb walls not sloped).

section view by bounding box_imperial_R2018_start.rvt (1.8 MB)

Section Views by Walls_Sections.dyn (32.6 KB)
Section Views by Walls_Elevation.dyn (31.2 KB)
Section Views by Walls_Plan.dyn (21.0 KB)

Hi @jay.polding,

Have you seen this node from Clockwork ?

Clockwork

Maybe it can help.

Kind regards,
Mark

I solved SecitonView.ByCoordinateSystemMinPointMaxPoint Node issues.

part3.creat section view.dyn (30.4 KB)

1 Like