Schedule Title - Write data from Excel

Hi, is it possible with Dynamo to create multiple rows and and columns of schedule Titles? Or at least write data from Excel into schedule titles?
The reason for it is that schedule data rows cannot modify appearance, which what I am trying to achieve.

Hey,

I’m not sure I completely understand your question, but BumbleBee from Archi-lab greatly expands Dynamo Excel capabilities, including the ability to colour cells.

Hope that’s useful,

Mark

Hi @Mark.Ackerley,
From what I found, Archi-lab (as of today) can write data from Excel to Revit Schedule data rows, and is able to modify appearance of Schedule Titles.
What I need is to modify appearance of data (rows), which is not possible in Revit (see image below). Therefore I am interested in finding a way to write data into Schedule Titles, as it is possible to modify their appearance. The manual process is nicely described here:

schedule%20titles%20example%202

Hi Julian,

That is very interesting, I will have a play around and let you know :slight_smile:

Apologies,

Mark

1 Like

Hi Julian,

Unfortunately I can’t see anything in the api which might give that control, it is probably not possible outside of Revit…
http://www.revitapidocs.com/2018.1/ad9a6cf0-aa1a-d011-b399-658345721aab.htm

Apologies,

Mark

1 Like

No?
I believe thats exactly what this add in does;
It writes excel sheets, with formatting, into the header of an empty schedule so they can be placed on sheets and regularly updated.

It looks great, shame there’s no recent version… I wonder where that method is hidden…

Hi! I’m trying to transpose Revit Schedules for Carpentry plans, In this process I’ve discovered that I need to fill the schedule title with the transposed exported table in excel, but I cant get a node, python method or script which helps me to do this with my dynamo script, I know TablaGen from Diroots Addin, which create a General Revit Schedule through the schedule title edition, at the end this addin is hiding the headers and value fields, and show the external excel table value and format replicated in the schedule title, so, It’s possible to manage this.

Any help about this would be great

Thanks!